Author Topic: Ted Cruz Lashes Out At Obama For Ignoring Federal Drug Laws (VIDEO)  (Read 657 times)

Offline happyg

Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) gave a speech where he criticized President Barack Obama for failing to obey the federal laws in the War on Drugs regarding Colorado. Cruz chastised Obama for using his authority as executive for the selective enforcement of the law, a power every president has had since the constitution was written.

Cruz didn’t go so far as to weigh in on the moral case for legalization in Colorado, however he did give some small credit to pot reformers saying: “And you can make arguments on that issue,” Cruz said. “You can make reasonable arguments on that issue. The president earlier this past year announced the Department of Justice is going to stop prosecuting certain drug crimes. Didn’t change the law.”

In 2013, the Justice Department wrote that it would not target and imprison people who used marijuana in compliance with state laws. ”We’ve got bigger fish to fry,” Obama said. “It would not make sense for us to see a top priority as going after recreational users in states that have determined that it’s legal.”

But Ted Cruz disagrees with Obama’s approach. “You can go to Congress, you can get a conversation, you could get Democrats and Republicans who would say, ‘We ought to change our drug policy in some way,’ and you could have a real conversation, you could have hearings, you could look at the problem, you could discuss commonsense changes that maybe should happen or shouldn’t happen. This president didn’t do that. He just said, ‘The laws say one thing’ — and mind you these are criminal laws, these are laws that say if you do ‘X, Y, and Z’ you will go to prison. The president announced, ‘No, you won’t.’”

Video at link:
Read more at TLR: Ted Cruz Lashes Out At Obama For Ignoring Federal Drug Laws (VIDEO) | The Libertarian Republic http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/ted-cruz-lashes-obama-ignoring-federal-drug-laws-video/#ixzz2qCQfK5Kh

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Re: Ted Cruz Lashes Out At Obama For Ignoring Federal Drug Laws (VIDEO)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 12:10:55 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCoaJsrgCtg

How do you post videos?

Way to go Cruz.

somehow I posted the video lol
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 12:18:04 am »
 :silly: Just the url generally works. Some sites won't allow you to copy their videos, or I just don't know how.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 02:13:07 am »
We need a lot more people like Ted Cruz in Washington!

A LOT more!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2014, 02:14:26 am »
We need a lot more people like Ted Cruz in Washington!

A LOT more!
:amen:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776