Author Topic: Chris Christie’s critics savor his misfortune  (Read 6608 times)

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Re: Chris Christie’s critics savor his misfortune
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2014, 05:13:37 pm »
Most salient point to our political dilemma. If conservatives were ever to embrace constitutional liberty, democrats would never win another election. But, we're too busy thinking government (candidates for political office) should reflect our values. What we end up doing however is giving government (politicians) power over our values and thus the freedom to corrupt them.

This is an absolutely wonderful statement. It truly is.  It sounds good, but applying it to todays politics  would require us to re visit R v Wade. and put the genie back in the bottle that the liberal feminists that burnt their bras started by dragging the federal gov into this. Until then, the new libertarian movement sound every bit as much of the arrogant preachers they think the evangelical far right are. While they sit out elections and elect the Obama's of the political world by voting for some cat named Johnson that will get 1% of the vote.  We finally found a way to get libertarian ideals in, so why the moaning and groaning?  I have experienced the libertarians around the net and it seems they are happy with no one. Cruz, Rand Paul?  Is Cruz or Rand Paul good, or not? We have all been dealt a crappy political hand folks, but the feds have had this power for many, many years.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 05:14:17 pm by Gazoo »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2014, 05:26:42 pm »
Here's a shockingly idealistic concept.

Your Representative, Senator and President. You may not have voted for them. In some states you most definitely didn't, in some you held your nose, and in some lucky places you skipped to the polling booth to pull the lever.

Might be worth reminding them that they represent ALL of their constituents. Not just their fan base. You got a Dem congress critter? Write to them anyway. Squishy RINO senator? Write. Politicians are timid beasts with short memories.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2014, 05:36:05 pm »
Sadly, that also sounds a lot easier then done. Take Sheila Jax-Lee, she has a base of welfare constituents, she will be voted in year after year, after year. Same thing with Pelosi, she has the high tech executives- progressive liberal base. The state of North Carolina is broker than a crack whore. Democrats controlled her for too many years. All of the dems had high taxes and wasted money on studying the sea turtle and liberal art museums while people were losing jobs. The pubs took over the legislature and Governor and most senate/congressional seats. The voters did this-for them to look at the check book and actually balance it. All lib states are broke. Republicans are not for a reason.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 05:50:54 pm by Gazoo »

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline olde north church

« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2014, 05:58:19 pm »
Conservatives will sit and marvel at the "Welfare Mentality" while they possess the same.  Massa ain' beatin' me!  Sho'nuf good
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2014, 06:06:21 pm »
Conservatives will sit and marvel at the "Welfare Mentality" while they possess the same.  Massa ain' beatin' me!  Sho'nuf good

That right there is some of the most thinly guised race-baiting I have seen. I deleted the black as in black welfare from my post only because, dare be mores white trash on dat dare welfare.

Obviously you're not a conservative. What are you?

a-libertarian

b-liberal disguised as a libertarian

c-Liberal/progressive

d-librarian just seein if you are payin attention

e-moderate

f-lukewarm

g-Libertarian that thinks 911 is an insider damn job

h-republican

i-republican that likes McCain

What? did I miss any?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2014, 06:27:31 pm »
Gazoo!

EDIT, QUICK!!!!!

Everyone knows - you NEVER piss off a Librarian. They know things .....

:smokin:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2014, 06:39:45 pm »
 000hehehehe

I think if someone is going to reference a certain habit of a a political label they ought to tell us their political label?  And I am not assuming anyone is a :gasp: liberal progressive or a librarian just because I put that on the choices.

Oh I forgot one...

Independent. I tried registering as this and in my state and it says I am unaffiliated. So I am an unaffiliated.

« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2014, 06:59:39 pm »
That right there is some of the most thinly guised race-baiting I have seen. I deleted the black as in black welfare from my post only because, dare be mores white trash on dat dare welfare.

Obviously you're not a conservative. What are you?

a-libertarian

b-liberal disguised as a libertarian

c-Liberal/progressive

d-librarian just seein if you are payin attention

e-moderate

f-lukewarm

g-Libertarian that thinks 911 is an insider damn job

h-republican

i-republican that likes McCain

What? did I miss any?

John Birchers are pu$$ies!

« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2014, 07:02:42 pm »

But really, I'm just not afraid to call a spade, a spade.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2014, 08:30:58 pm »

Is that your answer or just a reply? BTW: don't get your panties in a wad. I am just wondering?

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2014, 09:06:33 pm »
000hehehehe

I think if someone is going to reference a certain habit of a a political label they ought to tell us their political label?  And I am not assuming anyone is a :gasp: liberal progressive or a librarian just because I put that on the choices.

Oh I forgot one...

Independent. I tried registering as this and in my state and it says I am unaffiliated. So I am an unaffiliated.

I used to be pretty liberal, then I became a Republican, then a conservative, then a neolibertarian, then a libertarian.

Now, I have come to embrace my true political leanings... I don't like anyone.

I may be a neo-anarchist.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2014, 09:09:59 pm »
Is that your answer or just a reply? BTW: don't get your panties in a wad. I am just wondering?

There's nothing not Conservative about my positions.  I believe in the Constitution, for the most part.  People who would put the 10 Commandments ahead of the 10 Amendments might think I'm not Conservative but I would have to say they are not.  They put Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton in the White House.  They choose to forget it was the Black Christians who put Obama into the White House.

« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2014, 09:11:48 pm »
I used to be pretty liberal, then I became a Republican, then a conservative, then a neolibertarian, then a libertarian.

Now, I have come to embrace my true political leanings... I don't like anyone.

I may be a neo-anarchist.

It's funny you should put it that way.  I'm closer to an anarchist these days.  Not a trust fund anarchist or Fifth Avenue Anarchist.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2014, 09:18:13 pm »
It's funny you should put it that way.  I'm closer to an anarchist these days.  Not a trust fund anarchist or Fifth Avenue Anarchist.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline aligncare

« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2014, 09:18:49 pm »
There's nothing not Conservative about my positions.  I believe in the Constitution, for the most part.  People who would put the 10 Commandments ahead of the 10 Amendments might think I'm not Conservative but I would have to say they are not.  They put Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton in the White House.  They choose to forget it was the Black Christians who put Obama into the White House.

But blacks always vote (D), in vast numbers. It was whites, Christian and non, who put Obama in the WH -- plus many who normally vote (R). Obama had the nation buffaloed. Obama was without doubt a phenomenon. And now a nation is paying the price for their careless vote.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2014, 09:31:32 pm »

Ah!  So there IS something to that claim of the Department of Homeland Security that senior white American men are potential domestic terrorists!     :silly:

At 67, it amazes me that the shooting hasn't started already. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2014, 09:36:53 pm »
About that amusing "trust fund" picture posted by Luis Gonzalez. Back in the day SDSer Diana Oughton had to bail Bill Ayres out of some legal scrape or other and paid the bail by cashing one of her dividend checks.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2014, 09:42:40 pm »
Ah!  So there IS something to that claim of the Department of Homeland Security that senior white American men are potential domestic terrorists!     :silly:

At 67, it amazes me that the shooting hasn't started already.

I'm just a bit younger than you but I'm not surprised at all.  People are mesmerized by the illusion of wealth.  That and being totally afraid of prison.  What do people who have nothing have to fear about prison?  Change in scenery?  It's not much of lifestyle change.  There are still the perks if you have connections.
If you're white, you go from "the man" to minority.  Your connections are gone.  There is no protection of law.  Law of the jungle, baby.  White men, as a rule, aren't street smart and can be a bit slow and the law lives in them.  They expect to live by the rules.  Not a good thing when there are no rules.  Prison is basically to keep whites in line, the same ways locked doors keep honest people from robbing your home.