Author Topic: Hoeven: Obama will approve Keystone  (Read 710 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hoeven: Obama will approve Keystone
« on: January 12, 2014, 08:39:54 pm »
http://thehill.com/blogs/e2-wire/e2-wire/195184-hoeven-obama-will-approve-keystone

January 12, 2014, 12:48 pm
Hoeven: Obama will approve Keystone

By Laura Barron-Lopez

Sen. John Hoeven (R-N.D.) said he thinks President Obama will approve the proposed Keystone XL pipeline.

In the wake of multiple crude-by-rail train accidents in North Dakota -- leaving railcars ablaze and nearby residents at risk --Hoeven said on "Platts Energy Week" that the U.S. needs more pipelines.

The U.S. needs pipelines "not only to improve conditions in terms of rail, but trucks," Hoeven said on Sunday. "With the Keystone pipeline, we'd take 500 trucks a day off our roads in western North Dakota."

"So clearly pipelines are a part of the solution. But also we have to do everything we can in terms of  safety when we talk about running crude by train or by truck," he added.

With U.S. crude oil production reaching near 20-year highs, the country's energy infrastructure -- specifically transportation -- has become a looming concern.

And with mounting pressure to find a solution for transporting increasing amounts of crude oil across the U.S., Hoeven thinks Obama doesn't have much a choice when it comes to the TransCanada proposed Keystone XL -- which would carry crude from oil sands in Alberta, Canada, to Gulf refineries.

When asked if the administration would approve it, Hoeven said he "thinks they will."

"I think they will because we keep pushing and I think if they turn it down I will be able to get enough of my Senate colleagues on both sides of the aisle to say 'no.' This is a necessary infrastructure, we've got to have it," Hoeven said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Hoeven: Obama will approve Keystone
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 08:43:21 pm »
I will be stunned if he approves it.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2014, 08:33:27 am »
I will be stunned if he approves it.

I was stunned when he reauthorized the patriot act, extended the Bush taxcuts, and then made some permanent, kept GITMO open, and abandoned the state workers and teachers unions in WI.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 01:16:36 am »
He will do it after the election..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 09:06:34 pm »
No he won't do it. His buddy owns railroad that transports oil.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2014, 09:08:24 pm »
No he won't do it. His buddy owns railroad that transports oil.

Yep... Warren Buffett.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776