Author Topic: The War on Women Ross Douthat  (Read 389 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
The War on Women Ross Douthat
« on: January 11, 2014, 08:20:41 PM »

Support the USO

Online musiclady

Re: The War on Women Ross Douthat
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 09:50:42 PM »
There is no greater verbal abuse of women than that of leftist men against conservative women.

But the leftist popular culture, academia, the media, nor leftist politicians don't have a problem with it, so the issue will never be solved.

btw, the internet has made discourse nastier, mostly because of the anonymity of it.  It's just that there are more leftists with inner demons than conservatives, so the ugliness is deeper on their side of things.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 02:10:31 AM »
There is no greater verbal abuse of women than that of leftist men against conservative women.

But the leftist popular culture, academia, the media, nor leftist politicians don't have a problem with it, so the issue will never be solved.

btw, the internet has made discourse nastier, mostly because of the anonymity of it.  It's just that there are more leftists with inner demons than conservatives, so the ugliness is deeper on their side of things.

I don't think it is just that - though it is a huge part.

Firstly, the loudest voices get the most attention. The loudest voices on the internet tend to be young, left leaning and with minimal life experience. They want the attention, so go out of their way to make outrageous statements.
Take Reddit, for example. There are a lot of good, thoughtful, insightful and witty posters there. They are frequently drowned out by the feces flingers, so tend to keep to specific subreddits instead of the general channels.
Or DU - the definition of a left wing site. Again, there are decent people there. Folk you can have an honest conversation with. Try it - you'll be piled on by the howling monkeys.

One board I spend time on is a military board, specifically for UK forces. Unlike the US, the vast majority of our forces are left leaning Labour supporters. Working class blokes, in other words. You'll never, ever see a post disrespecting women.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online musiclady

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 12:33:08 PM »
I don't think it is just that - though it is a huge part.

Firstly, the loudest voices get the most attention. The loudest voices on the internet tend to be young, left leaning and with minimal life experience. They want the attention, so go out of their way to make outrageous statements.
Take Reddit, for example. There are a lot of good, thoughtful, insightful and witty posters there. They are frequently drowned out by the feces flingers, so tend to keep to specific subreddits instead of the general channels.
Or DU - the definition of a left wing site. Again, there are decent people there. Folk you can have an honest conversation with. Try it - you'll be piled on by the howling monkeys.

It doesn't matter how many "good, thoughtful, insightful, witty posters" there are on a site if there are misogynists using filthy language to demean women on the site.

It's like saying to a woman, go ahead and wander into a gang of thugs.  They won't ALL rape you, so you'll be fine.  Some of them are really witty, intelligent people......... 

The truth is, there is still a lot of bias against women among some menfolk, and in the anonymity of the internet, it can get really ugly.

The "war on women" that Douhat refers to here, is heavily slanted toward leftist men, who demean women as a matter of course, and feel there are no limits to the vile insults they can heap on conservative women.

Again...........leftists have less morality, ergo less conscience, and when their demons are unleashed, they are much more vitriolic.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 12:33:34 PM by musiclady »

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 12:47:19 PM »
There are misogynists everywhere, my Lady. A certain TOS has more than it's fair share also. Though I agree - in terms of both overt and casual misogyny it is hard to beat the leftists. Dig into the Men's Rights movement (actually, don't just trust me, it's as terrible as it sounds) and most of them are extremely to the left. Some of them make the Worm look positively conservative!

Dad has a saying. "If I don't notice a pretty woman, box me, I'm dead. If I insult one, shoot me, I should be dead."
Then again, that's the same guy who taught me that the only ugly woman is one with an ugly soul, so take it as you will.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online musiclady

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 02:15:58 PM »
There are misogynists everywhere, my Lady. A certain TOS has more than it's fair share also. Though I agree - in terms of both overt and casual misogyny it is hard to beat the leftists. Dig into the Men's Rights movement (actually, don't just trust me, it's as terrible as it sounds) and most of them are extremely to the left. Some of them make the Worm look positively conservative!

Dad has a saying. "If I don't notice a pretty woman, box me, I'm dead. If I insult one, shoot me, I should be dead."
Then again, that's the same guy who taught me that the only ugly woman is one with an ugly soul, so take it as you will.

As one who spent 10 years taking the arrows of misogynist pseudo-cons, I won't argue that there are women-haters on all kinds of forums, and some of them might even actually BE conservative.

However, as we both agree, the preponderance of hatred for women comes from the left, because so many who support leftist 'ideals' have no morals, no ethics, and no values.

The greatest evil being done against women is abortion, and the left cheers it on at every turn.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf