Author Topic: Christie Scandal May Strengthen Jeb Bush for 2016  (Read 832 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Christie Scandal May Strengthen Jeb Bush for 2016
« on: January 12, 2014, 12:47:49 am »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/01/10/Christie-Scandal-May-Strengthen-Jeb-Bush-for-2016

by Tony Lee 11 Jan 2014, 1:39 PM PDT

The traffic scandal that has engulfed Republican New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie may strengthen the prospects of former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, who has always been the default candidate for the GOP establishment and Wall Street.

In November, Politico reported that prominent donors believed that there was a "30 percent chance" Bush would run for the presidency in 2016, and that was "up from closer to zero just a few months ago."

Reportedly, there was "growing chatter in elite New York financial circles that" Bush would give "more serious consideration" to making a run if "it appears at any point that Christie is not drawing big national appeal beyond the northeast."

After Christie fired two of his closest aides this week upon revelations that they ordered the closing of lanes on the George Washington Bridge last year, the odds of Bush getting into the race may get better.

Ken Langone, the co-founder of Home Depot who has backed Christie, said this week that he believed Christie would not have trouble raising money from Wall Street in the so-called "invisible primary," even after "Bridgegate." Other prominent Wall Street donors, however, were more lukewarm, with prominent potential donors reportedly indicating that they would take a "wait-and-see" approach. Finance executives on Wall Street said that though "support is not yet wavering for Christie," it could quickly evaporate if "the scandal is not cleaned up fast."

Should Christie either look vulnerable or become permanently damaged by the traffic scandal, establishment donors may view him as a loser and look for another candidate to back in 2016 against the candidate who emerges from the conservative/grassroots side of the bracket. And that candidate may well be the one they know best and are most familiar with--Jeb Bush.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PzLdr

Re: Christie Scandal May Strengthen Jeb Bush for 2016
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 01:42:57 am »
If they could legalize whatever these assclowns are taking, the GOPe would have a solution to the deficit.
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2014, 01:52:53 am »
Jeb Bush killed his chances when he presented the Hildebeest with honors for her "service" as SecState.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 02:25:06 am »
Others are saying that this kneecapping of Christie by the left, aided by conservatives, will help one or another of our truly stellar Republican Governors to remain under the radar and to eventually enter the race to become the Dark horse winner in 2016.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 02:35:22 am »
What member of this forum really, REALLY believes another "Bush" could win the presidency?

No more Bushes.
No more Clintons.
No more political family dynasties!

Offline happyg

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 02:57:39 am »
Jeb doesn't stand a chance. He would get walloped. He's barely a contender in the republican prospects, so why bring his name into it? Is the GOP that stupid?

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 03:06:15 am »
No.  Not only no... Hell No!
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 01:22:38 pm »
Jeb doesn't stand a chance. He would get walloped. He's barely a contender in the republican prospects, so why bring his name into it? Is the GOP that stupid? 

Yup.   :shrug:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 01:57:58 pm »
OK - this is not meant to be offensive. (Which means it probably will be)

You guys are a Republic. It's a neat concept.

So why, after throwing off the idea of a Monarchy and "regal families" are you all so keen to create them again? It's both sides. The Kennedys. The Bushes. The Clintons. The Pauls.

It seems both foolish and totally antithetical to what your constitution means to me.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 06:48:58 pm »

So why, after throwing off the idea of a Monarchy and "regal families" are you all so keen to create them again? It's both sides. The Kennedys. The Bushes. The Clintons. The Pauls.

It seems both foolish and totally antithetical to what your constitution means to me.

Most of us aren't.  The media.. well that's another story.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline MBB1984

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2014, 07:05:25 pm »

Agree completely.  I abhor the concept of monarchies and regal political families.  Too many are taken up completely in the worship of celebrities in America. 

Offline Relic

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2014, 07:15:03 pm »

I've observed this, and have come to the conclusion that most people actually want royalty. The celebrity factor, along with simply living vicariously through your royals. Royalty is "pure", that is to say, they are the epitome of your people.

Many here love the British royals and follow them closely. I'm certain that a huge number of Americans envy the British because the Brits have royalty.

It's irrational, I'm not afflicted by this yearning for a royalty. But look at how we treat our presidents. The media, supposed "professionals", openly adore the Obamas as if they were royalty.

It's some part of human nature, I think.

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2014, 07:34:21 pm »
I agree, no Bush. Jeb Bush has said the GOP does not know how to get the hispanic vote, and he does. I think the Carl Roves think Bush has a secret. There is no flipping secret. The dems get the hispanic votes by promising them free stuff and busing them in to vote many times. There is a younger Bush they are prepping down the road for this.  I saw the former chairman of the GOP on MSNBC and or CNN and he was laughing his ass off at the GOP. He is a democrat lite like McCain. But he got the job because he is black.

If the GOP sticks two crusty white guys in they are done, put a fork in it. Whether we like it or not.
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?