Author Topic: NFL Divisional Championships 2014  (Read 2279 times)

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
NFL Divisional Championships 2014
« on: January 11, 2014, 10:18:32 pm »
Seahawks are up 13-0 over New Orleans in the rain in Seattle with 13:28 to go in the first half....

:beer:

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
Re: NFL Divisional Championships 2014
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 10:20:20 pm »
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 11:31:22 pm »
Saints can't get much going.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2014, 12:07:05 am »
Seahawks are up 16-8 with 7:38 to go in the game....

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 12:07:31 am »
And Seattle intercepts Brees again...!!

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 12:11:22 am »
Not an interception, just one hell of a block....but NO turns it over on downs.....

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 12:29:15 am »
Stick a fork in the Saints...touchdown by Marshawn Lynch, Seattle is up 23-8 coming up on the two minute warning...

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 12:36:22 am »
Stick a fork in the Saints...touchdown by Marshawn Lynch, Seattle is up 23-8 coming up on the two minute warning...

You can pick up some crazy yardage however, when you go into 'prevent' mode.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 12:42:32 am »
26 seconds left....23-15!   

Brees is like Dracula....you need a wooden stake and a hammer.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 12:43:19 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 12:46:43 am »
Final score Seattle over New Orleans 23-15 and Seattle advances to the Final Four!

Next up Indianapolis at New England....

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 01:34:33 am »
And with a little over 7 minutes to go in the 1st Quarter, New England is up 14-0 over the Colts.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2014, 01:47:27 am »
What was Brees's passing percentage that second half. Good God he was good all of a sudden.   If he would have done that the first half, my Seahawks may have been the ones finished tonight.      GO Seahawks.

And for you Saints fans, good luck in your division next year. And I hope you root for us next week against the 49rs or Panthers. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2014, 01:55:53 am »
What was Brees's passing percentage that second half. Good God he was good all of a sudden.   If he would have done that the first half, my Seahawks may have been the ones finished tonight.      GO Seahawks.

And for you Saints fans, good luck in your division next year. And I hope you root for us next week against the 49rs or Panthers.

No kidding!  NO was terrible in the first half and the driving rain was clearly giving Brees a lot of trouble gripping the ball....part of the price the team pays for having a domed home stadium.  Seattle's 12th man crowd noise hurt NO as well...they don't manage the clock well as it is and the noise just make it worse...

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2014, 02:41:12 am »
And another western team, to join San Diego and San Francisco.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2014, 02:55:38 am »
Living only a few miles from the Seahawk Training facility my wife got to go to a 12th man rally on Friday (while I worked). Hundreds showed up, including players and the Seagals.  The fan fever is like I have never seen it here in western WA. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2014, 01:24:53 pm »
Final score Seattle over New Orleans 23-15 and Seattle advances to the Final Four!

Next up Indianapolis at New England....

I fell asleep and knew the Saints were done for the night when they had ZERO; whether Drew took his gloves off lol or not. Or the wind stopped lol.

I must say I am shocked the Saints pulled 15 out of it. wow I must have missed the best part.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2014, 01:36:09 pm »
No kidding!  NO was terrible in the first half and the driving rain was clearly giving Brees a lot of trouble gripping the ball....part of the price the team pays for having a domed home stadium.  Seattle's 12th man crowd noise hurt NO as well...they don't manage the clock well as it is and the noise just make it worse...

Congrats to Seattle. What exactly was that tornado-whistle thing? That was annoying and I am sure threw off the Saints a bit as it is another thing they are not used to. lol

Online mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2014, 02:02:46 pm »
I was sorry to see NE beat Indy. Bleah, Belichick and Brady!

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2014, 02:22:37 pm »
One glaring thing I noticed.....at least it was "glaring" to me....

Early on in the game, when they show portrait pics of the players on the respective offenses and defenses.....

Now, it's not my intention to start an argument, but facts are facts New England has "only" TWO starters on their offense that are black, NINE white.

They are perennial winners and/or playoff contenders.   NOBODY can tell me that their locker room doesn't have a COMPLETELY different chemistry than the typical NFL team.

When they confront a situation or a problem with one of their players.....the player is jettisoned posthaste.  Definitely not coddled.

They suffered injuries that decimated their intended starting lineups....but somehow find the players where they can obtain 110% effort from them....which is usually enough to WIN!

« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 02:24:17 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2014, 08:07:11 pm »
I must be the only one watching football today....

With about 9 minutes left in the third quarter, San Francisco just scored again to make it 20-10 over Carolina in Charlotte.  Nice sunny day for once and the weather is not a factor at all.  But Carolina's defense has not been playing that perfect technical game of football you need in the playoffs.  Lots of sloppy moves...good thing they don't score errors in football........

Online mountaineer

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2014, 08:13:35 pm »
Hmm, it's a tough one, Chief. Not a fan of SF or Carolina, but probably would pull for the Niners. I don't think Newton is all he's been hyped to be. Guess it's time to turn on the TV.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2014, 08:49:41 pm »
Stick a fork in Carolina....and we shall see the 49ers in Seattle next week.  That will be an epic game....

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2014, 10:02:30 pm »

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2014, 11:49:52 pm »
Stick a fork in Carolina....and we shall see the 49ers in Seattle next week.  That will be an epic game....

Us Seahawks would want it no other way. As much as we detest the whiners  it will be an epic  championship game against an in-division familiar foe, and we are exited about the outcome of today's game. And it would be hard to name two teams who hate each other more.  Lots of hard hits and plenty of jawing can be expected.
the last time they came to Seattle in September we gave them a 29-3 pounding. When we met later in SF it was much closer 19-17 with them just barely getting the win.    We expect a much more competitive match up though. The 12th man will be a huge factor. No team has fans as fanatic as Seattle. 

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2014, 02:17:45 pm »
ON THE NEXT PAWN STARS

Rick – Whata got?

Shady Customer  - I have a 49rs Super Bowl Ring.

Chumlee – 49 Rings, where are the other 48?

Rick – Shut Up Chum.

Rick – Well let me call a friend, he’s an expert on these kind of things.

Expert – Hmmmm interesting,   yea it’s a real Super Bowl Ring, and if it was from  the Cowboys, Jets, Packers, Giants, Steelers, Colts, it would be worth a lot of money,    BUT   (pause for effect)   it’s from the 49rs and quite frankly nobody likes those guys.   Sorry pal, it’s worthless.