Author Topic: 11 year old Girl Dies They Say From The Flu  (Read 590 times)

Offline Gazoo

• Inactive Members
11 year old Girl Dies They Say From The Flu
« on: January 11, 2014, 09:30:02 pm »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2537741/11-year-old-girl-latest-die-flu-parents-turned-vaccine-fears-effects.html

She died from a bacterial infection causing a heart attack after suffering from the flu. This could be from an untreated bacterial infection like a sinus infection. So she did not die from the flu.

But the article pushes the flu shot...

I am one that usually thinks this is blown up in the media and I am 50/50 on the flu shot saving everyone. Possibly the elderly and very young.
But the flu shot does not protect from the swine flu anyway. Which seems rare but someone in TX I know through a friend has it and was in the hospital-ICU.

I have heard of folks getting the flu on social media and they are in the ICU.

What have ya'll heard where you are from?
"The Tea Party has a right to feel cheated.

When does the Republican Party, put in the majority by the Tea Party, plan to honor its commitment to halt the growth of the Federal monolith and bring the budget back into balance"?

Offline olde north church

Re: 11 year old Girl Dies They Say From The Flu
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 10:26:25 pm »
I had the flu once a few years ago.  It's more than "a bad cold".  I'll take the shot.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline raml

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 11:44:56 pm »
The flu compromises the immune system so a person then gets a bacterial infection so yes the flu contributed to her death. I have had the swine flu many years ago before flu shots and was in misery for over a week luckily my parents came over and got my kids out of the house when my husband brought it home from work. I could have never taken care of them they were 1 1/2 and 4 at the time. I actually crawled to the bathroom. My temps and my husbands ran over 104 degrees. We were miserable for over a week but at least we were young and didn't get any complications from having this flu. We only felt like we were dying and many times wished we would. I get the flu shots and haven't had any kind of flu for many years now and have no wish to.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 11:55:56 pm »
I've never gotten a flu shot and (thus far) never have had the flu, but do believe it's a good thing for my elderly mother to get the shot.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline happyg

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2014, 12:27:50 am »
I got the flu/pneumonia shot until four years ago because of the hype. Two years ago, I got the flu, then bronchitis, then I got sick as heck from pneumonia. I went back on the shots, and haven't been sick. However, one of the shots in my right arm, caused it to turn red and swell from my shoulder to elbow, and hurt. It lasted about three or so days. I didn't like that, but I guess it happens from time to time.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 02:51:34 am »
I do the homeopathic flu remedy each year. Works for me and a lot of other people.  My problem is I am prone to getting bronchitis, just got over a three week bout with it........
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 07:21:13 am »
People do die from the flu, now usually the young or the elderly. It's only been around for a hundred years or so, and we're still adjusting to it.

I never get a flu shot (who knew there was an advantage to periodic recurrences of Malaria?). Wife does, grandkids do. Even with the shot, they'll sometimes come down with the flu, though it doesn't last as long and the fever never gets too high.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink