Author Topic: Woman who 'bought rare $100,000 Renoir for $7 at flea market' must hand it BACK to Baltimore Museum where it was stolen more than 60 YEARS ago  (Read 263 times)

Offline flowers

The story began with one of those improbable tales of an artistic masterpiece uncovered at a flea market.

It concluded Friday, the painting still a masterpiece but the story about the flea market all the more improbable.

A federal judge has awarded ownership of a disputed Renoir painting to a Baltimore museum, citing 'overwhelming evidence' that the painting had been stolen from the museum more than 60 years ago.

The judge's decision rejected the claims of a Virginia woman, Marcia 'Martha' Fuqua, who maintained that she bought the painting at a flea market for $7, even as others, including her own brother, disputed her story.

Online mountaineer

The woman said she did not know the painting was a Renoir when she bought it, even though it was held in a frame with a 'RENOIR' panel attached.
Ohhh, that Renoir. I thought it was by Bob Ross Renoir, the guy who did a painting class on TV.
“Let each citizen remember at the moment he is offering his vote that he is not making a present or a compliment to please an individual – or at least that he ought not so to do; but rather he is executing one of the most solemn trusts in human society for which he is accountable to God and his country.” Samuel Adams, April 16, 1781.

Online musiclady

Ohhh, that Renoir. I thought it was by Bob Ross Renoir, the guy who did a painting class on TV.

I LOVED him!!  ^-^
"What unrepentant sin against Jesus Christ does a Republican have to commit, before you will stop rewarding them with your vote?"

I don't vote for degenerate liberals.  No matter what letter they have after their names.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo