Author Topic: Agent [Real Estate] Hires Homeless Man to Market Business  (Read 424 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Agent [Real Estate] Hires Homeless Man to Market Business
« on: January 11, 2014, 03:26:04 pm »
Agent [Real Estate]  Hires Homeless Man to Market Business

In an unusual advertising move, a Denver real estate broker hired a homeless man to help advertise his business, Fox31 Denver reports.

Chris Rezac had been standing along a road in the city, holding a sign that read: “I’m cold. I’m homeless. I’m hungry. Spare anything.” Real estate broker Joe Manzaneres hired the man to hold a sign up that says: “No need for your cash! I’m sponsored by Joe Manzanares.” The sign also includes the contact information for Manzanares’ brokerage. Manzanares gives a paycheck to the man every day for holding the sign.

“I’ve been sponsored by RE/MAX,” says Rezac, who adds that he’s no longer heckled by drivers. “This is a guaranteed paycheck everyday.”

Mazanares told FOX that hiring Rezac was more than just paying for marketing but “kind of like a sponsorship. I want to try and help him find a job.” Mazanares has also helped Rezac buy new clothes, meals, haircuts, and is even nearing finding him a home. Mazanares is reportedly working with the Denver Homeless Coalition to see if there is a way to expand the sponsorship idea.

http://realtormag.realtor.org/daily-news/2014/01/06/agent-hires-homeless-man-help-promote-business#.UtBB9viglZY.facebook

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Agent [Real Estate] Hires Homeless Man to Market Business
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 03:28:48 pm »
Hmmmmm......Not so sure about the image here.

On one hand, yes, he's now a walking billboard....like the Smoothie King caricature.

OTOH....how many motorists would be offended by this and go out of their way to cross off that brokerage company?

People are strange..... - Jim Morrison
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald