Author Topic: Senate democrats block amandment to restore military pensions  (Read 268 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
Senate democrats block amandment to restore military pensions
« on: January 11, 2014, 04:50:29 AM »
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 04:51:18 AM by rangerrebew »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Senate democrats block amandment to restore military pensions
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 06:52:35 AM »
Dear Sen. Boxer,

Rome isn't burning. The reason Rome isn't burning is there are people who step in harms way to prevent that from happening. The very people you just voted to screw over in favor of people who don't contribute, won't contribute. I'm not talking contribute with votes or even money. I am talking people who have contributed years of their lives, limbs and sometimes their sanity to make the nation a safe place.

The very first thing I see on your official Senate website is a strap line. You are privileged to serve California and all Americans. Your own words. Fine. Admirable, even. So prove it. Serve the Americans who have served.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
Re: Senate democrats block amandment to restore military pensions
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 08:35:39 AM »
Serve the Americans who have served.

I have a theory as to why democrats hate the military so much.  I believe it goes back to the Civil War when democrats fought to keep slavery and were eventually crushed by U.S. Grant, Phil Sheridan, and William Tecumseh Sherman.  Since the vast majority of battles and destruction were in the south in democrat strongholds, that hatred for the military has carried on over all these years.  Not at a conscious level (certainly no democrat today would say I hate the military because of what it did from 1861-1865) but as a relic from a long gone event where it started as a result of the loss of the Civil War and eventually worked its way into the belief system of democrats.  We still hear terms like "Mr. Lincoln's War" and "the war of northern aggression" so the carry over from the Civil War still lives on in many forms, one of which is the hatred to the military and the democrat unwillingness to let go of that hatred.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 08:37:17 AM by rangerrebew »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf