Author Topic: More documents released in N.J. bridge scandal  (Read 478 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
More documents released in N.J. bridge scandal
« on: January 10, 2014, 11:04:10 pm »
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2014/01/10/nearly-a-thousand-new-documents-released-in-n-j-bridge-scandal/?sr=fb011014bridgedocs6p

January 10th, 2014
02:40 PM ET
More documents released in N.J. bridge scandal
Posted by
CNN Staff

(CNN) – A New Jersey State Assembly committee on Friday released a large batch of documents (2,040 pages) that are part of its investigation of top advisers to Gov. Chris Christie who closed down access lanes in September to the country's busiest bridge as an alleged act of political retribution.

CNN is digging through the documents that should shed more light on the scandal. Check back here as we post updates throughout the day of key findings.

Here's what we've found so far:

5:57 p.m. ET – Fort Lee Mayor Mark Sokolich charged that Port Authority of New York and New Jersey police were telling residents of his community that he was responsible for access lane closures on the George Washington Bridge that snarled traffic for several days in September.

“Many members of the public have indicated to me that the Port Authority Police Officers are advising commuters in response to their complaints that this recent traffic debacle is the result of a decision that I, as the mayor, recently made,” Sokolich wrote in a scathing September 12 letter to Bill Baroni, the Port Authority deputy director who was appointed by New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.

“This decision has wreaked havoc upon our community during the morning rush hour,” Sokolich wrote. “Unquestionably this decision has negatively impacted public safety here in Fort Lee.”

Sokolich ended his letter by saying: “The basis, reason, or genesis of the decision is of no consequence to me; however, its profound and adverse impact on our community is of paramount importance to me.”

Christie, who has denied any involvement in the bridge scandal, apologized to Sokolich in a meeting on Thursday following a news conference where the governor said he knew nothing about suggestions top appointees orchestrated the gridlock to punish the mayor politically for not supporting Christie for re-election.

continued...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34