Author Topic: White House: U.S. is cold because planet is hot  (Read 606 times)

rangerrebew

White House: U.S. is cold because planet is hot
« on: January 10, 2014, 10:34:57 am »
White House: U.S. Is Cold Because Planet Is Hot

by Wynton Hall  9 Jan 2014 1756  post a comment 

The White House released a video on Wednesday assuring Americans that the extreme cold freezing the nation does not disprove global warming, that the U.S. is extremely cold because the planet is increasingly hot.

"If you've been hearing that extreme cold spells, like the one that we're having in the United States now, disprove global warming, don't believe it," warned President Barack Obama's Science and Technology Advisor, Dr. John Holdren. "No single weather episode can either prove or disprove global climate change."

"A growing body of evidence suggests that the kind of extreme cold being experienced by much of the United States as we speak is a pattern we can expect to see with increasing frequency as global warming continues," said Holdren. "I believe the odds are that we can expect, as a result of global warming, to see more of this pattern of extreme cold."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/01/09/White-House-U-S-Is-Cold-Because-Planet-Is-Hot
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 10:35:53 am by rangerrebew »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: White House: U.S. is cold because planet is hot
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 04:39:34 pm »
"I believe the odds are that we can expect, as a result of global warming, to see more of this pattern of extreme cold."

Listen, dillweed. Don't give a damn what you believe. It's a pattern and settled science, according to you.

Show me the math. Both the actual equations and the justifications for the variables selected.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 04:47:39 pm »
Listen, dillweed. Don't give a damn what you believe. It's a pattern and settled science, according to you.

Show me the math. Both the actual equations and the justifications for the variables selected.

They aren't talking to you and me. They don't care what we think. They are talking to the true believers and trying to keep them from going wobbly in their faith. So, all they have to do is make up some garbage, make it sound technical, because true believers are incapable of real scrutiny, and spout off.

The true believers lap it up. The media can cite this as justification for beating the global warming drum, it's a thing of beauty for them.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 04:51:24 pm »

Don't hold your breath waiting for that! They can't even properly take temperature measurements!

http://hallofrecord.blogspot.com/2009/02/how-are-we-to-measure-global-warming.html

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 05:01:37 pm »
This would be a whole lot more believable if it weren't for the fact that, oh, the past 10 months or so have also been averaging quite a bit below average.

The alarmists would love to have it both ways: blame the warm air on global warming, then when the cold air comes, it either has nothing to do with global warming or is still caused by global warming (hence the change to "climate change"). Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 09:37:13 pm »
I guess all that heat has fried Obama's brain. :thud:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 11:57:52 pm »
the U.S. is extremely cold because the planet is increasingly hot
In other news, Chris Christie is fat because he's thin, Alec Baldwin is stupid because he's so smart and Miley Cyrus is an exhibitionist because she's so modest.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org