Author Topic: Rush Limbaugh Noticed a Key Detail About Chris Christie’s Speech That You Might Find Interesting  (Read 504 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/01/09/if-chris-christie-learned-about-bridge-gate-yesterday-why-has-he-lost-a-lot-of-sleep-for-the-last-two-nights/

Rush Limbaugh Noticed a Key Detail About Chris Christie’s Speech That You Might Find Interesting
Jan. 9, 2014 5:53pm Oliver Darcy

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) appeared to issue conflicting statements to the press Thursday, telling reporters that he first learned of emails tying his staff to “bridgegate” yesterday morning, but also claiming he had “lost a lot of sleep for the last two nights.”

If Chris Christie Learned About Bridge Gate Yesterday, Why Has He Lost a Lot of Sleep For the Last Two Nights?

The conflicting comments, highlighted by conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh, came at a lengthy press conference Christie held Thursday.

“I was done with my workout yesterday morning and got a call from my communications director at about 8:50, 8:55 informing me of this story that had just broken on the Bergen Record website,” the governor, who is widely expected to launch a 2016 bid for president, said. “That was the first time I knew about this, that was the first time I had seen any of the documents that were revealed yesterday.”

“If people find that hard to believe, I don’t know that else to say except to tell them that I had no knowledge this, the planning, the execution or anything about it,” he added. “And that I first found out about it after it was over.”

However, in a response to a question from CNN’s John King, Christie suggested he had been aware of the scandal for a bit longer.

“I haven’t had a lot of sleep for the past two nights and I’ve been doing a lot of soul searching,” he said. “I’m sick over this. I have worked for the last 12 years in public life developing a reputation for honesty and directness and blunt talk, one that I think is well deserved.”

These seemingly conflicting statements now have people questioning when exactly the governor first knew of the scandal.

“Why can’t he sleep two nights ago if he only learned about this one day ago?” Limbaugh asked on his radio show Thursday.

The Raw Story touched on the issue in a story titled, “If Chris Christie only learned about emails yesterday, why ‘two’ sleepless nights?”
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Yeah, because people only have sleepless nights from scandals, right?

Don't get me wrong, I think he knew about it - he's a bit of a vindictive sod - but this is the standard of reporting?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline aligncare

Quoting myself from an other thread ...

Hillary Clinton let's four men die in Benghazi, nobody cares.

Chris Christie's aide puts out some traffic cones ... Everyone loses their minds!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
First of all....you can be sure that Christie was made aware that the news would be breaking the next day.

That alone could cause a sleepless night.   

What he probably meant was that he didn't know what the 'evidence' was....the emails.

And guess how these emails were discovered?   Can you say, NSA metadata?

Drip....drip....drip...drip....drip.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald