Author Topic:  (Read 227 times)

SPQR

« on: January 09, 2014, 09:21:16 PM »
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 09:21:55 PM by SPQR »

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 09:30:51 PM »
Smart solution for a portion of the problem.  While the system packed aboard this ship can chemically de-weaponize some chemical weapons precursor chemicals, it does not render them inert, and what remains is still highly toxic and requires high level hazmat handling and disposal.

It will be interesting to see what eventually becomes of this residue.  You could bury it just about anywhere in the Urkraine or any other former Soviet client states and nobody would likely know (or care) as the existing pollution is the worst on the planet already....

SPQR

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 09:31:51 PM »
Smart solution for a portion of the problem.  While the system packed aboard this ship can chemically de-weaponize some chemical weapons precursor chemicals, it does not render them inert, and what remains is still highly toxic and requires high level hazmat handling and disposal.

It will be interesting to see what eventually becomes of this residue.  You could bury it just about anywhere in the Urkraine or any other former Soviet client states and nobody would likely know (or care) as the existing pollution is the worst on the planet already....

I do not think the Ukrainians nor the Russians would like that.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 09:55:35 PM »
I do not think the Ukrainians nor the Russians would like that.

I'm just saying that the Soviets left the Ukraine such an environmental disaster that nobody would likely notice a little more.....

It's the cynic in me....

:smokin:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 09:55:52 PM by Chieftain »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf