Author Topic: Elzie Pipkins, 63, Shoots Teen Intruder Who Robbed Her For 2nd Time  (Read 895 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Via Huffpo: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/09/elzie-pipkins_n_4569641.html

When Elzie Pipkins was robbed a few weeks ago, she decided she needed a handgun for protection.

Sunday evening she put it to use during a second break-in. She fatally shot the teenaged intruder that she said was also the intruder who broke into her Shreveport, La. home the first time.

The 63-year-old great-grandmother killed Devon Antonio Young, 16, who was armed with a shotgun and demanded money from the safe.

"And as I was unlocking the safe and I prayed to God to give me strength, to get through this, it'll be me or him," Pipkins told KSLA-TV. "And that's when I fired my gun and hit him with the first round."

Pipkins was baby-sitting her granddaughter and great-grandson at the time.

After Young was shot in the chest, he ran from Pipkin's home with $55 worth of coins. He collapsed and died just a short distance away.

Pipkins had a gun that was stolen during the earlier robbery, but Sunday's shooting was the first time she ever fired a gun. She had no previous firearms training, according to BayouBuzz.com

Shreveport police said they were able to confirm her story and link Young to the previous robbery at her home, DreamInDemon.com reported.

More at link.

Good for her.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

Re: Elzie Pipkins, 63, Shoots Teen Intruder Who Robbed Her For 2nd Time
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 11:35:31 am »
Several questions -

1.  Won't she be tried for murder like George Zimmerman?

2.  Won't Al Sharptongue and J$ss$ J$cks$n lead protests against her?

3.  Won't the media hound her to find out why she "murdered" this young black?

4.  Will the United Nitwits take up the cause as they did for Trayvon?

5.  Won't the media and Obama use this as an opportunity to call for gun control?

6.  Won't Obama say "if I had a son, he would look just like Devon?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 11:42:29 am by rangerrebew »