Author Topic: Sarah Palin: I Went to Fox to 'Piss Off the People' Who Wanted Me Dead  (Read 525 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2014/01/08/Palin-I-Went-to-Fox-to-Piss-Off-the-People-Who-Wanted-Me-Dead

by Tony Lee 8 Jan 2014

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said that she went back to Fox News to piss off the people who wished she were dead, which is exactly the reason Fox News Chairman Roger Ailes gave for bringing her to the network in the first place.

"Fox’s Roger Ailes says he hired me 'to piss off the people that wanted her dead,'" Palin wrote in a Facebook post Wednesday in response to a report in the Hollywood Reporter in which Ailes said he hired Palin to drive her haters crazy. "Hmmm. Funny. I accepted for the same reason!"

In the same interview, Ailes also spoke about how much Palin resonates with the Tea Party, which Ailes said "started as a group that [the government] could make go home to bake meatloaf at any point in the last three years by simply doing two things: Stop raising taxes and stop stealing their money." Ailes said that Palin "represents a certain group of people" who successfully are rising up "against their own party, which you rarely see."

In reference to a forthcoming book by Gabriel Sherman, the George Soros-funded writer who has stalked Ailes and his family, Palin mentioned yet "another book coming out about Roger Ailes and Fox News" that intends to smear the most successful cable news channel and the brains behind it. She asked her Facebook readers to "stay tuned" for more thoughts.

Palin then linked to a Breitbart News article by Editor-at-Large John Nolte that detailed how Fox News has won the cable news wars and is driving out CNN and MSNBC from the news business. According to Nolte, they simply cannot compete with Fox News which has a hammerlock on primetime ratings.

The Hollywood Reporter conceded as much as well after it conducted an extensive interview with Ailes and wrote that he runs the modern news world. As Breitbart News reported, Random House, which is publishing Sherman's book, refused to fact-check allegations made in the book with Fox or Ailes. Random House, as well as the New York Times, tried to smear Ailes by implying that he made an anti-Semitic slur at another television executive even though the publisher and the publication knew that both have denied that the incident in question ever occurred:

What makes this episode extraordinary is the fact that Random House decided to go forward with publication knowing that both men denied it—and that the Times would make it the centerpiece of a story on the book two weeks before publication.

It may be reflective of the rest of Sherman's project that he completed it without ever speaking to Ailes or anyone in his inner circle. This alleged – and debunked – incident from the past is reportedly a big part of his book, which may be short on major scoops.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Re: Sarah Palin: I Went to Fox to 'Piss Off the People' Who Wanted Me Dead
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2014, 02:49:07 pm »
Related:
Ailes: FOX has won the cable news wars
John Nolte, Big Journalism

Roger Ailes, the CEO and Chairman of Fox News, has declared victory over his left-wing competitors, CNN and MSNBC. In a lengthy interview with The Hollywood Reporter, Ailes points out correctly that MSNBC and CNN have given up on and are moving away from the news business: "That means Fox has won the cable news wars."

Indeed it does. 

"MSNBC has [already] announced they're out of the news business," Ailes added. "They have several different hosts, but it's always the same show: Republicans are no good." Ailes pointed out that CNN is moving out of the news business and mocked CNN chief Jeff Zucker over the network's bizarre obsession with the documentary Blackfish: "[Zucker] had a big hit with a whale one night [the documentary Blackfish]. I guess he's going to do whales a lot."

Just this morning, CNN aired a full package on a few protesters motivated by Blackfish to give Southwest Airlines a hard time. You could compare CNN to a train wreck, but people actually watch those.

Fox News not only dominates in the ratings (frequently beating CNN and MSNBC combined in total viewers), but both CNN and MSNBC suffered horrible years in the department of credibility. Among other things, CNN was caught red-handed flaking for gun control and fabricating evidence to frame George Zimmerman as racist. Due to its own embarrassing scandals, MSNBC lost two of its anchors, Martin Bashir and Alec Baldwin; and to close out an already awful year, anchor Melissa Harris-Perry led an on-air segment ridiculing Mitt Romney's infant grandson.

The biggest news Fox News made about itself, though,  was juggling an already successful primetime line-up into something even more successful. Moving rising cable superstar Megyn Kelly to 9pm  has not only boosted the network's ratings by 20% in the coveted 25-54 demo but this happened without bumping a single anchor or host.

Fox News has not only won the cable news wars but scared its competitors into becoming something else entirely. MSNBC is now National Public Radio with pictures and a mean streak while CNN is, well, a slow-motion disaster.

Another loser in this cable news war is the Soros-backed, tax-exempt, left-wing Media Matters, who surrendered in their own Ahab-esque battle against Fox News by declaring victory. 
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org