Author Topic: 20 Areas Removed from Imminent Danger Pay List  (Read 557 times)

Offline flowers

20 Areas Removed from Imminent Danger Pay List
« on: January 06, 2014, 06:59:45 pm »
http://freebeacon.com/20-areas-removed-from-imminent-danger-pay-list/

The Defense Department removed 20 locations from its imminent danger pay list. The removal will go into effect on June 1 and will potentially affect tens of thousands of troops, Military Times reports.

As of that date, service members deployed to these areas no longer will qualify for the $225 monthly imminent danger stipend. The change would affect thousands serving on land or on ships in those areas. […]

Those locations that no longer will be designated as imminent danger areas are:

■ The four water areas of the Arabian Sea, Gulf of Aden, Gulf of Oman, and the Red Sea.

■ The water area and air space above the Persian Gulf.

■ The six land areas and air space above Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, and Montenegro.

■ The nine land areas of East Timor, Liberia, Haiti, Oman, Rwanda, Tajikistan, United Arab Emirates, Kyrgystan, and Uzbekistan.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: 20 Areas Removed from Imminent Danger Pay List
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 07:11:57 pm »
Is this the same as what once was called "hazardous duty pay?"
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 03:09:21 pm »
Does this mean the Obama DOD doesn't think radical Islam (i.e terrorists), present any "imminent danger" now that Obama has healed the world?    **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 03:24:39 pm »
This administration inspires only one emotion in me and it isn't a good one!  :banghead:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien