Author Topic: UK's RAF Test Flies First Fighter Jet Tornado Using Parts Made With a 3D Printer  (Read 583 times)

SPQR

SPQR

From Wikipedia:

Additive manufacturing or 3D printing is a process of making a three-dimensional solid object of virtually any shape from a digital model. 3D printing is achieved using an additive process, where successive layers of material are laid down in different shapes.

http://www.theengineer.co.uk/in-depth/the-big-story/the-rise-of-additive-manufacturing/1002560.article

Offline flowers

How big would this machine be?

SPQR

From small portable ones to huge 3-D printing machines

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati

You can get small ones from newegg.com, like this one for about $1,300:

Its dimensions are: 10" x 10" x 13" w/o cartridge.

Then there's this from zcorp, the ZPrinter 850, for :

Its dimensions are:  47 x 46 x 68 inches (119 x 116 x 162 cm).

And on up from there.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 03:33:19 PM by Oceander »

Offline flowers

For the $1300.00 dollar one do you get the 'stuff' to make the product? I said 'stuff' for lack of knowledge on this subject   :whistle: How much more does the 'stuff' cost? can you get the'stuff' anyplace? I am sure there are different kinds of stuff for what you are making???  :whistle:

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
For the $1300.00 dollar one do you get the 'stuff' to make the product? I said 'stuff' for lack of knowledge on this subject   :whistle: How much more does the 'stuff' cost? can you get the'stuff' anyplace? I am sure there are different kinds of stuff for what you are making???  :whistle:

The "stuff" is plastic, PLA Plastic and ABS Plastic, which come in cartridges.  The manufacturer's website for the printer sells cartridges and lists the following prices:
Single Cartridge $49.00

Pack of 3 Cartridges $139.00

Pack of 5 Cartridges $219.00

Pack of 7 Cartridges $308.00

Offline flowers

The "stuff" is plastic, PLA Plastic and ABS Plastic, which come in cartridges.  The manufacturer's website for the printer sells cartridges and lists the following prices:
thank you for info.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf