Author Topic: Are there any parts of Obamacare the president can't suspend?  (Read 260 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
Are there any parts of Obamacare the president can't suspend?
« on: January 08, 2014, 09:31:47 AM »
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 09:32:45 AM by rangerrebew »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
Re: Are there any parts of Obamacare the president can't suspend?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 11:20:24 AM »
The president can drag his feet and delay enforcement of certain parts of a law - executive discretion - but not, I think, all or a major portion of a law.

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 01:26:47 PM »
The president can drag his feet and delay enforcement of certain parts of a law - executive discretion - but not, I think, all or a major portion of a law.

I always thought legislation was supposed to be specific.  If a bill gives someone the authority to change it as he/she sees fit, I don't know that it is a law under the original understanding of the Constitution.  That is simply giving an individual the authority to ignore congress. :pondering:
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 02:03:29 PM »
Apparently there is one: the individual mandate. That one is sacrosanct and must be defended to the point of shutting down the government.
Quote of the month:
"Drumbeats remind me of orchestras, and orchestras remind me of... orchestration." (David Paterson)

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 06:09:39 PM »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf