Author Topic: Obama's EO 13603 reintroduces slavery to America  (Read 432 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
Obama's EO 13603 reintroduces slavery to America
« on: January 08, 2014, 05:03:02 AM »
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 05:03:52 AM by rangerrebew »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Obama's EO 13603 reintroduces slavery to America
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 05:48:37 AM »
Didn't you guys have some sort of war or something about this issue?  :whistle:

I can't comment on the constitutionality or indeed legality of this. Just have a couple of questions:

1/ How is this any different from the draft?

2/ Granted that it does in fact give the right  "to employ persons of outstanding experience and ability without compensation and to employ experts, consultants, or organizations," how do you actually make them? The more outstanding their experience and ability is, the more options they have to completely ruin whatever task they are given against their will. Just ask any NCO.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2014, 06:37:39 AM »
I don't believe this is  about the military, that would be another issue.  I believe this is about taking civilians to do whatever the government thinks they should be doing and this would be without consideration of age, sex, or hardship.  This is the civilian version of the draft.
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 12:01:42 PM »
Didn't you guys have some sort of war or something about this issue?  :whistle:

I can't comment on the constitutionality or indeed legality of this. Just have a couple of questions:

1/ How is this any different from the draft?

2/ Granted that it does in fact give the right  "to employ persons of outstanding experience and ability without compensation and to employ experts, consultants, or organizations," how do you actually make them? The more outstanding their experience and ability is, the more options they have to completely ruin whatever task they are given against their will. Just ask any NCO.

I tend to agree about how "persons of outstanding experience and ability" would act:  they'd either be happy to jump in because they believe in what they're being asked to do, or they would refuse and, being dragooned into things, would as likely sabotage things in ways that would be hard to detect, particularly by people with lesser experience and ability.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf