Author Topic: SHOCK VIDEO: Police smile as they slam half-naked inmate’s head against a wall  (Read 540 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/07/shock-video-police-smile-as-they-slam-half-naked-inmates-head-against-a-wall/

SHOCK VIDEO: Police smile as they slam half-naked inmate’s head against a wall

Posted By Robby Soave On 4:49 PM 01/07/2014

An old police station surveillance video surfaced on Monday, leading to an investigation of three Seabrook, New Hampshire police officers who are shown gleefully bashing an inmate’s head against a wall.

The timestamp on the video states that the incident transpired on November 11, 2009. On camera, three officers dragged a young-looking, shirtless inmate down a corridor. Without warning, one of the officers forcefully slams the young man’s head against the wall. Afterward, he can barely walk, and falls down. The officers leave him on the floor for a few minutes, smiling all the while.

There is no audio accompanying the video, but the officers appear unconcerned with the inmate’s condition–even satisfied.

The video was posted to Youtube on Monday by user Mike Berg, who identified himself as the victim. Berg said he was arrested for drunk driving and abused over a misunderstanding:

“charged with a dwi and tried explaining that I wasn’t drunk and they could be out catching actual criminals. then after being in the cell for a while waiing for a bail bonds man I was taken out and brought in the booking room to call for a ride. after calling a ride I was told I could take my phone that I called from and my wallet. as soon as I greabbed my wallet from the table he officer with the glasses came at me saying he never told me I could take my stuff and choked me against the wall then tried to grab the wallet from my pocket. once he got the wallet and my phone this is what happened.”

Berg claimed that his lawyer at the time obtained the footage years ago, but “disappeared for 2 years until I finally tracked him down.” Berg doesn’t know whether he can still file a lawsuit, but claimed to have a permanent lump on the back of his head, chipped teeth and brain damage.

Seabrook Town Manager Bill Manzi  told local news that the three officers had been placed on leave pending an investigation. He told The Daily Caller that their names had not yet been released.

Seabrook Police Chief Lee Bitomske will conduct the investigation. He did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKzxvH6Czsg
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline aligncare

If someone acts out violently they do so as an individual and should be apprehended and charged criminally... But police act under the auspices of the law and should they engage in an act of brutality, their crime is worse. There's no excuse for this kind of behavior. None. And I am furious at this.

Oceander

Why anyone would be shocked at that is beyond me.  That is how most cops act when they think no one's watching them.

How can we tell?  Because the one proto-fascist on the right-hand side of the picture - the one with the glasses - looks right into the camera several times without any concern whatsoever, in fact, at one point he appears to be smiling at the camera briefly.  In other words, these cops knew they were being filmed and they weren't in the least concerned about it; that can only mean that what they were doing was considered acceptable behaviour for cops.  That's further supported by the fourth cop who walks up in the middle of things, who doesn't seem to have been involved with this group before, and yet isn't the least bit concerned about the fact that there's a half-naked, incoherent prisoner lying on the floor and three cops standing over him laughing it up.

These sub-humans aren't the exception, they're the norm.