Author Topic: Obama Slams Rand Paul's Comments about Extending Unemployment  (Read 507 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Obama Slams Rand Paul's Comments about Extending Unemployment
« on: January 07, 2014, 09:57:40 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/01/07/Obama-Slams-Rand-Paul-Comments-About-Extending-Unemployment

Obama Slams Rand Paul's Comments about Extending Unemployment

7 Jan 2014, 12:34 PM PDT

Without naming Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) by name, Obama appeared to go after Paul for the comments he made on "Fox News Sunday" over the weekend:

"I have heard the argument that says extending unemployment insurance will somehow hurt the unemployed, because it saps their motivation to get a new job, I really want to — I want to go at this for a second," Obama said. "That really sells the American people short, I meet a lot of people, as President of the United States and as candidate for President of the United States and as a US senator and state senator. I meet a lot of people. And I can’t name a time when I met an American who would rather have an unemployment check than the pride of having a job. The long-term unemployed are not lazy. They are not lacking in motivation. They are coping with the aftermath of the worst economic crisis in generations, It’s hard out there. There are a lot of friends, a lot of our neighbors who have lost their jobs, and they are working their tails off every single day trying to find a new job."
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776