Author Topic: Winter Storm Hercules Forecast: First Snowstorm of 2014 Targets Midwest, Northeast  (Read 6538 times)

Offline musiclady

As long as you have electricity/heat...we're all good!    :beer:

Yep!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

January 4, 2014, St. Joseph Lighthouse in Benton Harbor
on Lake Michigan west of Kalamazoo, Michigan. Research since 2001
links extreme weather and the Arctic polar vortex of upper-level winds
that normally flow counterclockwise in a low-pressure system over either
Baffin Island or northeast Siberia. But when those winds slow down, it allows
the jet stream to plunge over the United States. In the first week of January 2014,
the jet stream has dipped down to Florida and caused dangerous freezing
temperatures in at least 22 states.

http://www.earthfiles.com/
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

This is what happens to animals left outside in the cold.... it is a cruel and inhumane way to die.......

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203109497085305&set=a.4983108342488.2198114.1442864950&type=1&theater
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline raml

That picture was horrible that poor baby. My dog has short hair and when I let her out to go to the bathroom she goes and comes right back in she hates the cold and I don't blame her. I never let her out more than a few minutes when cold out and even then she shakes when she gets back in. I grab her and warm her up with a towel if she gets wet from the snow. She won't wear a doggy sweater or vest so I do what is second best. Why even have a pet if it is kept outside. I have never figured out why people do that. I grew up in a family that had house pets they lived inside unless going to the bathroom or playing with us. I have treated my animals the same and enjoyed and loved them. I will never know how keeping a dog tied up or caged outside is considered having a pet.

Offline Rapunzel

That picture was horrible that poor baby. My dog has short hair and when I let her out to go to the bathroom she goes and comes right back in she hates the cold and I don't blame her. I never let her out more than a few minutes when cold out and even then she shakes when she gets back in. I grab her and warm her up with a towel if she gets wet from the snow. She won't wear a doggy sweater or vest so I do what is second best. Why even have a pet if it is kept outside. I have never figured out why people do that. I grew up in a family that had house pets they lived inside unless going to the bathroom or playing with us. I have treated my animals the same and enjoyed and loved them. I will never know how keeping a dog tied up or caged outside is considered having a pet.

My Daisy wears "jammies" now and had a velour blanket in her bed.  The last few days she has been curled up in a tight ball in her bed snuggled into her blankie... the other two sleep on my bed and they have been sleeping right up against me and practically on top of one-another - and that is inside and we are nowhere as cold as TN....... this picture and people who do that to their pets makes me furious.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel