Author Topic: Men Wear Heels at J.W. Anderson's London Fashion Show  (Read 1027 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Men Wear Heels at J.W. Anderson's London Fashion Show
« on: January 07, 2014, 09:34:45 pm »
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/01/07/jw-anderson-sends-men-down-the-runway-in-heels-at-london-fashion-week.html

Men Wear Heels at J.W. Anderson's London Fashion Show
Purses, platforms, and "mankles" strutted down the runway at the designer's men's show.

J.W. Anderson's men's show in London presented high-fashion cross-dressing on Tuesday, with male models carrying leather purses, sporting layers of thick bangles, and stomping down the runway in high-heeled, platform loafers.

The models' ankles — or "mankles" — were heavily exposed, showing that hems for men can only get higher. The mankles themselves were sandwiched between patterned capri pants and lace-up loafers fit for a 90's school girl.

While Anderson's high heels may only appeal to a select audience, he certainly nailed his adrogynous aesthetic. Maybe 2014 will finally be the year of the murse.

:thud: :thud: :thud: :thud: :thud:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Millee

Re: Men Wear Heels at J.W. Anderson's London Fashion Show
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 09:41:45 pm »
For whenever the pajama boy in your life has his footy jammies in the wash.   :whistle:

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 10:11:09 pm »
 :laughingdog:

Ain't gonna happen – not in my neighborhood.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 10:19:31 pm »
Ain't gonna happen – not in my neighborhood.
In most neighborhoods, that style might be called "target practice."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 10:25:48 pm »
These fashionistas are really ridiculous. I tell you what, I feel especially bad for women. They are so held captive to fashion dictates and the sky high costs involved. I don't know why they tolerate it?

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 12:02:06 am »
These fashionistas are really ridiculous. I tell you what, I feel especially bad for women. They are so held captive to fashion dictates and the sky high costs involved. I don't know why they tolerate it?

I don't tolerate it anymore.  In my twenties, I wore high heels all day long at work and almost cried walking to my car after work, my feet hurt so bad.  I'll admit that they make you look good, but once I got older - I was like - to heck with this!  Once I started wearing comfortable shoes, I never could go back.

The older I get - the less I want to "look hot" & the more I want to "feel comfortable".  You can look nice and professional and be comfortable too.   

By the way, that man looks absolutely ridiculous in those shoes!  That made me laugh out loud and they are butt-ugly too.  They are turning young men into girls.  It would be funny if it weren't so evil by design. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 12:04:00 am »
Fantastic. It will make my legs look longer and add some shape to my calf. I should probably get my legs waxed too

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 12:34:59 am »
Fantastic. It will make my legs look longer and add some shape to my calf. I should probably get my legs waxed too

:silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 01:09:49 am »
And who decided that these individuals qualify to be referred to as "men"??

I'll bet you a burger every one of these "guys" is a frequent traveler on the 'ol Hershey Highway.  Ain't a baritone among 'em....

:smokin:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 07:23:10 am »
Meh - we wore them in the 70's, the decade that fashion forgot. Wore them in the 1700's too, those who could afford shoes at all. Nothing new under the sun.

I wear heels. My boots have a very comfortable inch and a half heel, handy for the foot pegs on the bike.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline aligncare

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 01:06:27 pm »
Yeah, but ... Ever wear brightly colored capri pants, bangles and a purse?  :silly:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 01:15:30 pm »
Platform soles and heels were all the rage back in 1972....at least in the African-American market. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 01:20:51 pm »
Yeah, but ... Ever wear brightly colored capri pants, bangles and a purse?  :silly:

:tongue2:

Flared rhinestone embroidered jumpsuit, platforms, collars that could be used to fly with, two bracelets. No purse though  :laugh:

Party animal time!!!
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink