Author Topic: 'Devastated' Lindsey Vonn pulls out of Winter Olympics because her injured knee 'is just too unstable'  (Read 590 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2535234/Devastated-Lindsey-Vonn-pulls-Winter-Olympics-injured-knee-just-unstable.html

Olympic champion skier Lindsey Vonn has announced that she will not compete at the Sochi Winter Olympics in Russia
The 29-year-old 4-time World Cup winner suffered a setback in November and December to her rehab from career threatening injury
In February 2013 - Vonn suffered a huge accident on the slopes in Austria - fracturing her leg and rupturing her right anterior cruciate ligament
Her recovery had been progressing according to plan and she announced she is 'devastated' to miss the games
Has been in the news all year and revealed in March she had begun a relationship with 14-time golf major winner Tiger Woods

Offline NavyCanDo

That really is depressing news. My latest SKI magazine had a story about how she was well enough to compete and would be in the Winter Games which was great news for us Vonn fans.    Now this.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I am nearly at 5 months, after shoulder fracture repair surgery. Improvements come painfully, too slowly. The doctor warned it takes 12 months to recover. I am hardly an elite athlete.

If she says she is not ready, I believe her and empathize with her. Going back too soon, and reinjuring herself, is worse than waiting for full recovery.

She is pretty nice on the eyes.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline flowers

Yes this is sad news.

Offline Rapunzel

I tore a knee skiing, had surgery and therapy. It was never as stable after surgery and downhill skiing, unless you stick to the bunny hill, requires a great deal of knee strength... at her skiing level it requires enourmous knee and leg strength as well as mental strength - once you've had a bad injury it really plays with your mind and makes it actually easier to be re-injured.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776