Author Topic: McConnell emphasizes Tea Party ties in filing for reelection  (Read 378 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
McConnell emphasizes Tea Party ties in filing for reelection
« on: January 07, 2014, 10:04:01 AM »
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/senate-races/194588-mcconnell-files-for-reelection-emphasizes-tea-party-ties

January 07, 2014, 08:40 am
McConnell emphasizes Tea Party ties in filing for reelection

By Alexandra Jaffe

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX1m43oPgrM" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX1m43oPgrM</a>

Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) sought to emphasize his Tea Party ties Monday by signing papers to file for reelection with Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.).

In a video released Tuesday, McConnell is shown signing his filing papers with Paul and Agriculture Commissioner Jaime Comer (R), who are both Tea Party favorites in Kentucky.

McConnell — long a target of grassroots conservatives — is facing a primary challenge from businessman Matt Bevin, who has already won the backing of some prominent national conservative groups.

The incumbent has been working to shore up support on his right flank for months. He won Paul's endorsement, and has emphasized  conservative causes, like the Balanced Budget Amendment. He voted against a two-year budget deal approved by Congress last month.

In the filing video, titled “United,” Paul touts McConnell's work as GOP leader in the Senate.

“What he has done, and what allows him to be the most powerful Republican up there is that he can pull people together,” Paul says, “United on ObamaCare. United for a Balanced Budget Amendment.”

Paul’s comments answer another attack McConnell is facing from his left flank, where he’s up against Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes — that his leadership abilities have waned and his seniority in the Senate has made him simply out of touch with Kentucky.

Support the USO

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: McConnell emphasizes Tea Party ties in filing for reelection
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 10:43:58 AM »
Bitch McConnell will probably win again, but he'll do it without my vote.  Never again!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • “It’s easier to fool people than to convince them
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 02:07:18 PM »
Bitch McConnell will probably win again, but he'll do it without my vote.  Never again!

Wasn't he the one in December about needing to destroy the Tea Party to get republican unity?  I don't remember the exact verbiage but I'm sure he was ranting against them.  Hypocrite.
Abraham Lincoln:

There is no grievance that is a fit object of redress by mob law.
--January 27, 1838 Lyceum Address

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these
great and true principles.
--August 27, 1856 Speech at Kalamazoo, Michigan

Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.
--July 10, 1858 Speech at Chicago

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 02:12:33 PM »
Wasn't he the one in December about needing to destroy the Tea Party to get republican unity?  I don't remember the exact verbiage but I'm sure he was ranting against them.  Hypocrite.

Yeah, he's the one.  Hypocrite and a liar.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • “It’s easier to fool people than to convince them
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 05:34:53 PM »
Yeah, he's the one.  Hypocrite and a liar.

Thank you. :beer:  At my age my memory doesn't serve me as well as it used to.
Abraham Lincoln:

There is no grievance that is a fit object of redress by mob law.
--January 27, 1838 Lyceum Address

Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties. And not to Democrats alone do I make this appeal, but to all who love these
great and true principles.
--August 27, 1856 Speech at Kalamazoo, Michigan

Let us then turn this government back into the channel in which the framers of the Constitution originally placed it.
--July 10, 1858 Speech at Chicago

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf