Author Topic: CNN’s Jake Tapper says Hillary will have to answer for Benghazi  (Read 1538 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/07/cnns-jake-tapper-says-hillary-will-have-to-answer-for-benghazi/?print=1

CNN’s Jake Tapper says Hillary will have to answer for Benghazi

Posted By Brendan Bordelon On 12:08 AM 01/07/2014

CNN anchor Jake Tapper said Monday that if or when Hillary Clinton runs for president, “there will have to be some questions answered about [Benghazi].”

Tapper spoke with conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt on Monday about the former Secretary of State’s prospects for the presidency. One of the few mainstream media reporters to challenge the Obama administration’s deflections over the deadly September 2012 attack in Libya, Tapper noted that it won’t be easy for Clinton to shed her Benghazi baggage on her way to the White House:

HEWITT: How in the world does she run with the Benghazi timeline on the Etch-a-Sketch that’s been shaken?

TAPPER: I don’t — obviously she can’t. I mean, if she makes the decision to run, there will have to be — and I’m sure her advisers know this, they are smart people — there will have to be some . . . questions answered about it, if not in one big, long, meaty piece then I think over and over and over again. I think it is something that there are a lot of questions that remain about it. For me specifically, you know my coverage of Benghazi has focused on the State Department’s refusal to take seriously enough the request for added security from diplomatic and security experts on the ground in Libya throughout the year leading up to the Benghazi attack. So there are a lot of questions, and I’m sure if she runs she’ll have to answer them.

Clinton has tried to convince the American people that the Benghazi scandal is a false controversy. Susan Rice, the Obama administration spokesperson on the matter and current national security adviser, used that exact phrase to dismiss a Benghazi question during an interview last month. And Clinton herself cried, “What difference, at this point, does it make?!” during questioning by a Senate committee last January.

Hewitt argued that it will make a difference come 2016. “To me, if you wanna be the Commander-in-Chief, and the one night that you’re in charge in an international crisis in Benghazi and you won’t answer questions about it, I’m gonna keep coming back to it,” he promised.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: CNN’s Jake Tapper says Hillary will have to answer for Benghazi
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 02:22:27 pm »

Gosh.....I feel so much better now!     :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 02:28:56 pm »
Tapper had better watch what he says.  People have a habit of "dying" who oppose the Clintons. 8888madkitty

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 03:21:44 pm »
If nothing else Benghazi could prompt a flurry of primary challenges to the presumptive front runner, Clinton. There's nothing quite so amusing as a pack of loony lefties going at each other.

Offline Relic

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 03:35:00 pm »
Benghazi is only a liability in the primary. Elizabeth Warren will exploit Benghazi as an issue and her supporters in the media will run with it.

If Hillary wins the nomination, no one in the media will remember anything about Benghazi.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2014, 02:34:32 am »
http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/07/cnns-jake-tapper-says-hillary-will-have-to-answer-for-benghazi/

Posted By Brendan Bordelon On 12:08 AM 01/07/2014

CNN anchor Jake Tapper said Monday that if or when Hillary Clinton runs for president, “there will have to be some questions answered about [Benghazi].”

Tapper spoke with conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt on Monday about the former Secretary of State’s prospects for the presidency. One of the few mainstream media reporters to challenge the Obama administration’s deflections over the deadly September 2012 attack in Libya, Tapper noted that it won’t be easy for Clinton to shed her Benghazi baggage on her way to the White House:

HEWITT: How in the world does she run with the Benghazi timeline on the Etch-a-Sketch that’s been shaken?

TAPPER: I don’t — obviously she can’t. I mean, if she makes the decision to run, there will have to be — and I’m sure her advisers know this, they are smart people — there will have to be some . . . questions answered about it, if not in one big, long, meaty piece then I think over and over and over again. I think it is something that there are a lot of questions that remain about it. For me specifically, you know my coverage of Benghazi has focused on the State Department’s refusal to take seriously enough the request for added security from diplomatic and security experts on the ground in Libya throughout the year leading up to the Benghazi attack. So there are a lot of questions, and I’m sure if she runs she’ll have to answer them.

Clinton has tried to convince the American people that the Benghazi scandal is a false controversy. Susan Rice, the Obama administration spokesperson on the matter and current national security adviser, used that exact phrase to dismiss a Benghazi question during an interview last month. And Clinton herself cried, “What difference, at this point, does it make?!” during questioning by a Senate committee last January.

Hewitt argued that it will make a difference come 2016. “To me, if you wanna be the Commander-in-Chief, and the one night that you’re in charge in an international crisis in Benghazi and you won’t answer questions about it, I’m gonna keep coming back to it,” he promised.

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline evadR

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 03:17:36 am »
Questions answered??? Not if we don't have a candidate or a press that will ask them.

Remember, Hillary is a dim. They don't answer any steeenkin' questions.

November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 03:21:15 am »
I am still of the opinion that a 68 year old woman cannot be elected President.  Hillary is going to look like an old shoe in two years.  Everybody knows that shrill, angry voice. 

I could be completely off base, but I think she is way past her sell-by date.  And I think the country is going to be sick and tired of Democrats by 2016.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Relic

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 03:21:36 am »
Questions answered??? Not if we don't have a candidate or a press that will ask them.

Remember, Hillary is a dim. They don't answer any steeenkin' questions.

It will be an issue in the Dem primary. Elizabeth Warren will likely use it. If Hillary wins the nomination, the media won't remember Benghazi.

rangerrebew

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 11:39:49 am »
Warren had better watch out.  People have a habit of "dying" who oppose the Clintons. 8888madkitty
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 11:40:56 am by rangerrebew »

Offline evadR

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 01:12:36 pm »
Wonder who will challenge the Benghazi Bitch?

rangerrebew

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 02:35:41 pm »
Wonder who will challenge the Benghazi Bitch?

The "native American" princess from Taxachusetts?  I would be an interesting contest to see which is the better liar. :bsflag:

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 02:43:33 pm »
The "native American" princess from Taxachusetts?  I would be an interesting contest to see which is the better liar.

Are you kidding?

So long as they're telling the truth about the NSA gathering all emails and phone calls, it makes it virtually impossible for anybody to effectively run for office.

If you don't walk the party line and if you're perceived as any threat, they can go deeper into that metadata they've collected and look for something to derail you.

It accounts for the smugness on all their faces.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2014, 10:30:30 pm »
I am still of the opinion that a 68 year old woman cannot be elected President.  Hillary is going to look like an old shoe in two years.  Everybody knows that shrill, angry voice. 

I could be completely off base, but I think she is way past her sell-by date.  And I think the country is going to be sick and tired of Democrats by 2016.

Absolutely correct. If Hillary couldn't get it done in '08 against an unknown Obama, at a time when she had her best shot at the nomination, how will she get it done in two years with all the baggage she's carrying and with the other deficits you mentioned?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2014, 11:01:32 pm »
Absolutely correct. If Hillary couldn't get it done in '08 against an unknown Obama, at a time when she had her best shot at the nomination, how will she get it done in two years with all the baggage she's carrying and with the other deficits you mentioned?
She's not well disciplined. She loses her cool. But she commands political forces, for continuing democrats in office, for women, etc.

But I'm far more interested in getting the best Republican nominated, whoever it may be. It is fine with me that the person have great respect from the very conservative side, but they MUST also appeal to centrists, independents, some democrats.

That suggests a person with discipline, who can avoid verbal gaffs, etc. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2014, 11:11:26 pm »
She's not well disciplined. She loses her cool. But she commands political forces, for continuing democrats in office, for women, etc.

But I'm far more interested in getting the best Republican nominated, whoever it may be. It is fine with me that the person have great respect from the very conservative side, but they MUST also appeal to centrists, independents, some democrats.

That suggests a person with discipline, who can avoid verbal gaffs, etc. 

I agree 100%, but my inner pessimist wants to say "good luck with that".

Offline evadR

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2014, 02:32:29 am »
It probably won't be Hillary but I predict a dim victory over whatever the pubbies-e seem destine to offer.
Eight more years of free shiite and party times.

I see where Fat Boy has his a$$ in a sling over graft and corruption. Wonder who they'll offer up now?

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2014, 02:35:24 am »
It probably won't be Hillary but I predict a dim victory over whatever the pubbies-e seem destine to offer.
Eight more years of free shiite and party times.

I see where Fat Boy has his a$$ in a sling over graft and corruption. Wonder who they'll offer up now?

Has Perry been able to memorize the three agencies he would abolish yet?    :laugh:

Offline evadR

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2014, 03:08:48 am »

Has Perry been able to memorize the three agencies he would abolish yet?    :laugh:

No, but I like his "move to Texas" ads :)

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2014, 03:24:28 am »

Yes there will be.

The Hillary! campaign will write out the questions, hand them to Tapper, go over the proper reactions to her answers, and tell him to thank her for clearing that issue up for the American people.

At the end of the interview, they'll ask Bill about being married to the future President, and in a drunken stupor he'll manage to say "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" before Hillary slaps him offside the head.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

rangerrebew

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2014, 12:04:10 pm »
 :mauslaff: :laughingdog:
Yes there will be.

The Hillary! campaign will write out the questions, hand them to Tapper, go over the proper reactions to her answers, and tell him to thank her for clearing that issue up for the American people.

At the end of the interview, they'll ask Bill about being married to the future President, and in a drunken stupor he'll manage to say "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" before Hillary slaps him offside the head.