Author Topic: What's wrong with this picture? The flood of African (mostly) Muslim illegal aliens must pass through Egypt and Sinai before they get to Israel  (Read 275 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 07:33:59 AM by rangerrebew »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I don't blame them for going to Israel or Jordan. Despite the news, they are safe places - far safer than where most of them came from. Jordan may be safe enough and I do love the people, but being black in Jordan is a bit like being black in the deep South in the 1920's. Not exactly a comfortable spot!

Israel, on the other hand, is one of the few truly colour blind societies I know of. The vast majority of refugees settle in and work and are damned grateful to their host country. There is a bit of separation - think of New York in the 20's (again) with Italians, Irish, Germans, and Russians in their own little areas. Takes a generation or so to settle in. Some bad apples should not change that. Like all bad apples, they should be judged and thrown away if they are rotten.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf