Author Topic: Curious thing missing from Michelle Obama’s birthday party  (Read 366 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Curious thing missing from Michelle Obama’s birthday party
« on: January 06, 2014, 09:37:00 PM »
http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2014/01/06/curious-thing-missing-from-michelle-obamas-birthday-party/

Curious thing missing from Michelle Obama’s birthday party
Jan. 6, 2014 12:50pm Eddie Scarry

First lady Michelle Obama is ringing in her 50th birthday and she’s celebrating with a party at the White House that’s missing something: namely, food.
Michelle Obama 50th birthday party wont have dinner

Instructions on the invite tell recipients to eat before they come, according to a report in the Chicago Tribune:

The White House has been sending out save-the-date emails for a Jan. 18 gala dubbed “Snacks & Sips & Dancing & Dessert,” sources told the Tribune.

Guests are being told: Wear comfortable shoes, eat before you come and practice your dance moves. Who’s invited and who’ll entertain remain under wraps.

We’ve requested comment from the White House about the invitation.

The Washington Post interviewed several party experts on the matter.

“To ask people to ‘eat before you come’ is not the way I would have done it,” Colin Cowie, celebrity party planner, told the Post. “I always think of the food. When it comes to making people feel welcome we give them great music, a well-stocked bar, and excellent food — and you do it abundantly.”
“The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.” G Washington July 2, 1776

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
Re: Curious thing missing from Michelle Obama’s birthday party
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 09:43:15 PM »
“To ask people to ‘eat before you come’ is not the way I would have done it,” Colin Cowie, celebrity party planner, told the Post. “I always think of the food. When it comes to making people feel welcome we give them great music, a well-stocked bar, and excellent food — and you do it abundantly.”

Exactly.....the way they worded these invitations they sound like rubes...

Support the USO

Online EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Conspiracy engineer. Low rates.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 09:47:18 PM »
‘eat before you come’

Got to admire Obama. Who else would throw an orgy for his wife's 50th?  :smokin: :whistle: :whistle:
The fastest way to a man's heart? Inch to the right of the breastbone, between the fourth and fifth rib.

Every time I start to feel boring, I remember there is a monthly magazine devoted to elevators.

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • “It’s easier to fool people than to convince them
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 04:48:53 AM »
Maybe the money being saved is enough to get Moochelle a couple of muu muus in Hawaii - from Omar the Tentmaker. :silly:
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abraham Lincoln

Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm. Abraham Lincoln

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 08:08:03 AM »
They're just being considerate of the taxpayer by cutting back on lavish parties.  :silly:  :laugh:

Yeah, that's what they're doing.
The skeptic is never for real. There he stands, cocktail in hand, left arm draped languorously on one end of the mantelpiece, telling you that he can't be sure of anything, not even of his own existence. I'll give you my secret method of demolishing universal skepticism in four words. Whisper to him: "Your fly is open." If he thinks knowledge is so all-fired impossible, why does he always look? — James Sire (from, The Universe Next Door)

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • “It’s easier to fool people than to convince them
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 08:12:31 AM »
I wonder if they are going to "choom" before the snacks are offered? :Odance:
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abraham Lincoln

Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm. Abraham Lincoln

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 08:16:45 AM »

Wear comfortable shoes, eat before you come and practice your dance moves.
The skeptic is never for real. There he stands, cocktail in hand, left arm draped languorously on one end of the mantelpiece, telling you that he can't be sure of anything, not even of his own existence. I'll give you my secret method of demolishing universal skepticism in four words. Whisper to him: "Your fly is open." If he thinks knowledge is so all-fired impossible, why does he always look? — James Sire (from, The Universe Next Door)

Online EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Conspiracy engineer. Low rates.
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 08:18:18 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsISfQAXE60" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsISfQAXE60</a>
The fastest way to a man's heart? Inch to the right of the breastbone, between the fourth and fifth rib.

Every time I start to feel boring, I remember there is a monthly magazine devoted to elevators.

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf