Author Topic: FBI quietly drops 'law enforcement' as its primary mission Thomas Lifson  (Read 1301 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.americanthinker.com/printpage/?url=http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/01/fbi_quietly_drops_law_enforcement_as_its_primary_mission.html

January 6, 2014
FBI quietly drops 'law enforcement' as its primary mission
Thomas Lifson

Without any fanfare, "law enforcement" has been dropped from its status as the FBI's primary mission. John Hudson reports on The Cable blog of Foreign Policy:

The FBI's creeping advance into the world of counterterrorism is nothing new. But quietly and without notice, the agency has finally decided to make it official in one of its organizational fact sheets. Instead of declaring "law enforcement" as its "primary function," as it has for years, the FBI fact sheet now lists "national security" as its chief mission.

As Hudson notes, federal agencies realize that citing "national security" seems to open the funding spigot. But don't we already have a Department of Homeland Security? The idea that the federal government is funding two rival organizations with the same mission bespeaks bureaucratic bloat, especially given the notorious tendency to keep information within the same agency rather than share it with an agency that might be a rival for funding in the future.

Hat tip: Hot Air
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Oceander

Re: FBI quietly drops 'law enforcement' as its primary mission Thomas Lifson
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 07:41:06 pm »
That is very odd. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 07:41:56 pm »
The Department of Homeland Security is now acting as a federal police force to monitor the actions of subversives such as Constitutionalists, Pro-lifers and Tea Party people.

Everything in the Obama administration is upside down.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 08:48:10 pm »
not good

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 09:01:36 pm »
If national security now is the FBI's primary function, I wonder if they consider law enforcement to be among any of their other less important functions?  Will they even bother with it?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 09:34:24 pm »
If national security now is the FBI's primary function, I wonder if they consider law enforcement to be among any of their other less important functions?  Will they even bother with it?

I tell you, mountaineer..........DHS is now a federal police force.  At a Tea Party protest about the IRS, there was a DHS vehicle there the entire time with POLICE written on the side of it and DHS in much smaller letters underneath.

The DHS is there for law enforcement for dangerous people such as the Tea Party.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 12:05:47 am »
I thought the primary mission of all departments of government since Hussein is always "Muslim Outreach".

The fact that they didn't list it surprised me.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 01:06:36 pm »
I thought the primary mission of all departments of government since Hussein is always "Muslim Outreach".

The fact that they didn't list it surprised me.
You're right. Even NASA.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 01:14:25 pm »
The Department of Homeland Security is now acting as a federal police force to monitor the actions of subversives such as Constitutionalists, Pro-lifers and Tea Party people.

Everything in the Obama administration is upside down.

Again, the Constitution has been skirted by a few choice words since a federal police force, per se, is not Constitutional. :smokin:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 01:15:21 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 02:59:39 pm »
Again, the Constitution has been skirted by a few choice words since a federal police force, per se, is not Constitutional. :smokin:

Exactly.  Even the wording on their vehicles defies the Constitution.

But they don't care because all they have to do is label anyone who brings it up as "extremist" and the brain-dead are pacified.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2021, 02:26:28 am »

@mountaineer

Of course not. If they did,they would have to arrest Dims.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!