Author Topic: FBI quietly drops 'law enforcement' as its primary mission Thomas Lifson  (Read 511 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
http://www.americanthinker.com/printpage/?url=http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/01/fbi_quietly_drops_law_enforcement_as_its_primary_mission.html

January 6, 2014
FBI quietly drops 'law enforcement' as its primary mission
Thomas Lifson

Without any fanfare, "law enforcement" has been dropped from its status as the FBI's primary mission. John Hudson reports on The Cable blog of Foreign Policy:

The FBI's creeping advance into the world of counterterrorism is nothing new. But quietly and without notice, the agency has finally decided to make it official in one of its organizational fact sheets. Instead of declaring "law enforcement" as its "primary function," as it has for years, the FBI fact sheet now lists "national security" as its chief mission.

As Hudson notes, federal agencies realize that citing "national security" seems to open the funding spigot. But don't we already have a Department of Homeland Security? The idea that the federal government is funding two rival organizations with the same mission bespeaks bureaucratic bloat, especially given the notorious tendency to keep information within the same agency rather than share it with an agency that might be a rival for funding in the future.

Hat tip: Hot Air

Support the USO

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • #NeverTrumpForever
Re: FBI quietly drops 'law enforcement' as its primary mission Thomas Lifson
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 02:41:06 PM »
That is very odd. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 02:41:56 PM »
The Department of Homeland Security is now acting as a federal police force to monitor the actions of subversives such as Constitutionalists, Pro-lifers and Tea Party people.

Everything in the Obama administration is upside down.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 03:48:10 PM »
not good

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 04:01:36 PM »
If national security now is the FBI's primary function, I wonder if they consider law enforcement to be among any of their other less important functions?  Will they even bother with it?
Just being unique doesn't make you useful.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 04:34:24 PM »
If national security now is the FBI's primary function, I wonder if they consider law enforcement to be among any of their other less important functions?  Will they even bother with it?

I tell you, mountaineer..........DHS is now a federal police force.  At a Tea Party protest about the IRS, there was a DHS vehicle there the entire time with POLICE written on the side of it and DHS in much smaller letters underneath.

The DHS is there for law enforcement for dangerous people such as the Tea Party.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 07:05:47 PM »
I thought the primary mission of all departments of government since Hussein is always "Muslim Outreach".

The fact that they didn't list it surprised me.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 08:06:36 AM »
I thought the primary mission of all departments of government since Hussein is always "Muslim Outreach".

The fact that they didn't list it surprised me.
You're right. Even NASA.  **nononono*
Just being unique doesn't make you useful.

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
  • “It’s easier to fool people than to convince them
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 08:14:25 AM »
The Department of Homeland Security is now acting as a federal police force to monitor the actions of subversives such as Constitutionalists, Pro-lifers and Tea Party people.

Everything in the Obama administration is upside down.

Again, the Constitution has been skirted by a few choice words since a federal police force, per se, is not Constitutional. :smokin:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 08:15:21 AM by rangerrebew »
There is danger from all men. The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty.
Public virtue cannot exist in a nation without private, and public virtue is the only foundation of republics. There must be a positive passion for the public good, the public interest, honour, power and glory, established in the minds of the people, or there can be no republican government, nor any real liberty: and this public passion must be superior to all private passions. John Adams

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 09:59:39 AM »
Again, the Constitution has been skirted by a few choice words since a federal police force, per se, is not Constitutional. :smokin:

Exactly.  Even the wording on their vehicles defies the Constitution.

But they don't care because all they have to do is label anyone who brings it up as "extremist" and the brain-dead are pacified.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf