Author Topic: GOP Pollster Frank Luntz Became ‘Depressed’ After 2012 Election  (Read 2056 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/gop-pollster-frank-luntz-became-depressed-after-2012-election/

GOP Pollster Frank Luntz Became ‘Depressed’ After 2012 Election
by Andrew Kirell | 12:16 pm, January 6th, 2014

According to a new profile piece in The Atlantic, GOP pollster and frequent Fox News contributor Frank Luntz sunk into a depression following the 2012 election in which President Obama won re-election over Republican candidate Mitt Romney.

Luntz described himself as “less healthy now than [he has] ever been in [his] life,” sleeping two or three hours at a time and fretting over the future of his career in political consulting. The Atlantic‘s Molly Ball wrote:

The crisis began, he says, after last year’s presidential election, when Luntz became profoundly depressed. For more than a month, he tried to stay occupied, but nothing could keep his attention. Finally, six weeks after the election, during a meeting of his consulting company in Las Vegas, he fell apart. Leaving his employees behind, he flew back to his mansion in Los Angeles, where he stayed for three weeks, barely going outside or talking to anyone.

“I just gave up,” the pollster said. After the election, he seemingly realized Americans want to “impose their opinions rather than express them,” and that a divided country will find it harder to warmly receive his conservative sales pitches.

“I’m not good enough,” he said. “And I hate that. I have come to the extent of my capabilities. And this is not false modesty. I think I’m pretty good. But not good enough.”

“The old Frank Luntz was sure he could invent slogans to sell the righteous conservative path of personal responsibility and free markets to anyone,” Ball wrote.” The new Frank Luntz fears that is no longer the case, and it’s driving him crazy.”

According to the profile, Luntz is considering breaking into Hollywood as a consultant, as he no longer works any existing political contracts and has apparently submitted many pitches to studios.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Re: GOP Pollster Frank Luntz Became ‘Depressed’ After 2012 Election
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 07:08:20 pm »
I cannot stand him for some reason

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 07:16:13 pm »
Get a much better hairpiece for starters.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Oceander

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 07:23:15 pm »
Boo-hoo-hoo.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 07:24:59 pm »
Hey Frank, how's this "Mop for clean up in Aisle 12!  Mop -- Aisle 12!"    :silly:
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 07:30:29 pm »
That makes two of us, Frank!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 07:30:35 pm »
We were all depressed after the election but we didn't give up..the fight continues...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 08:44:23 pm »
Luntz did a lot of damage to his own credibility in 2011 when he was caught standing in the middle of a group holding forth and telling them how much he couldn't stand conservatives like Rick Perry.  It was recorded on someone's cell phone and was all over the web at the time.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 08:46:46 pm »
I cannot stand him for some reason

He's annoying, that's why.......     :whistle:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 09:35:44 pm »
We were all depressed after the election but we didn't give up..the fight continues...

Exactly.  I want to lecture him about putting on his big boy pants, but the visual is just too... yuk.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 11:32:27 pm »
I will say this: the 2012 election changed my view of the American people, and not at all for the better. For months I had as my avatar an upside down American flag, the symbol for distress. Although I no longer use that avatar, I still believe it is true. This country is suffering from the most pervasive case of ignorance and cognitive dissonance I have ever seen. Not only did these fools re-elect a demagogue who had no business keeping his job, they continue to blame the opposition for the problems of his and his Senator lackeys' doing (the most prominent being shutting down government to protect the still grossly dysfunctional ACA). No matter what Obama does, the nation has been duped into thinking the only viable opposition is worse. It isn't just politics, either. Almost every bit of gay propaganda has been accepted at face value. Women are increasingly refusing to find steady partners and are now either shacking up in one night stands or worse, embracing spinsterism.

To borrow from the first lady, for the first time in my life, this country disgusts me.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 11:39:03 pm »
I will say this: the 2012 election changed my view of the American people, and not at all for the better. For months I had as my avatar an upside down American flag, the symbol for distress. Although I no longer use that avatar, I still believe it is true. This country is suffering from the most pervasive case of ignorance and cognitive dissonance I have ever seen. Not only did these fools re-elect a demagogue who had no business keeping his job, they continue to blame the opposition for the problems of his and his Senator lackeys' doing (the most prominent being shutting down government to protect the still grossly dysfunctional ACA). No matter what Obama does, the nation has been duped into thinking the only viable opposition is worse. It isn't just politics, either. Almost every bit of gay propaganda has been accepted at face value. Women are increasingly refusing to find steady partners and are now either shacking up in one night stands or worse, embracing spinsterism.

To borrow from the first lady, for the first time in my life, this country disgusts me.

Can't argue with any of that!
Support the USO

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2014, 12:32:29 am »

The Hippies of the 60's wrought us what we have today.  It is manifested in their parenting. 

That only means that the children that will be born to these men and women today....together with the standard black American societal collapse will make today a pleasant dream.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2014, 01:26:59 am »

I wish I might find cause to disagree with you.

For the first time in my memory, one can readily find a majority of Americans willing to believe in false gods and foolish causes, and to place their trust in demagogues and liars, as opposed to the evidence of their own senses, which they have been successfully instructed to distrust.

The good news is that an opposition still exists, one whose members are still predisposed to resist the march of collectivist oppression, and frequently in possession of the means with which to do so, intellectually and otherwise.

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2014, 02:06:55 am »
Instead of blaming hippies, it bears consideration that "conservatism" has grown increasingly inept, at describing itself, selling itself.

"Nobody buys my product, aren't they stupid?"

vs.

"How can I make my product relevant, and sell it more effectively?"

Clue #1 :  Don't call your customers stupid.
Clue #2 :  If your product isn't selling, try to find out what your customers are resisting.
Clue #3 :  Prioritize, focus, be intelligent.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2014, 02:20:27 am »
Instead of blaming hippies, it bears consideration that "conservatism" has grown increasingly inept, at describing itself, selling itself.

"Nobody buys my product, aren't they stupid?"

vs.

"How can I make my product relevant, and sell it more effectively?"

Clue #1 :  Don't call your customers stupid.
Clue #2 :  If your product isn't selling, try to find out what your customers are resisting.
Clue #3 :  Prioritize, focus, be intelligent.

It's not that simple anymore.  How do you change a culture back from hedonism?

You cannot effectively market yourself when you have a treasonous MSM aiding and abetting the Leftist ideology.

We need Conservative film makers and producers in Hollywood and on Big 3 alphabet channels.

It seems the only way Conservatives are depended upon is to bail us out of sh*t storms caused by the Left.   Like a parent a child looks to for a dose of Castor oil.

Reagan cured us once.   But with the tipping point being reached in having 50% of the country on the dole and another 20% now illegal residents becoming new Democrat voters....we're screwed.