Author Topic: LA sounds alarm: West coast update-stop eating Pacific Ocean seafood now! Major Fukushima radiation warning.  (Read 960 times)

rangerrebew

LA Times Sounds Alarm: West Coast Update – Stop Eating Pacific Ocean Seafood Now! Major Fukushima Radiation Warning!!!

Monday, January 6, 2014 8:27

The newly released video below from Low Carb Cory sounds a warning that this story at ENENews via the LA Times emphasizes, STOP EATING Pacific Ocean seafood!!! Low Carb Cory generally covers health & nutrition subjects but voices a loud alarm to his viewers that Fukushima is out of control and the entire Pacific Ocean food chain is suffering as a result with warnings this is just the tip of the iceberg. The ENENews story shares this dire warning from the L.A. Times.:

Alarming West Coast sardine crash likely radiating through ecosystem — Experts warn marine mammals and seabirds are starving, may suffer for years to come — Boats return without a single fish —

While the mainstream media has been slow to report on anything Fukushima related, Americans are quickly turning to the alternative media to get the information that we have not been getting from the corporate controlled media. The bullet points from the LA Times story themselves are alarming.:

West Coast sardine crash could radiate throughout ecosystem

[T]he biggest sardine crash in generations

Scientists say the effects are probably radiating throughout the ecosystem, starving brown pelicans, sea lions and other predators

[E]xperts warn the West Coast’s marine mammals, seabirds and fishermen could suffer for years (How does this affect the rest of us?)

The reason for the drop is unclear (Unclear? Are you kidding?)

[T]he decline is the steepest since the collapse of the sardine fishery in the mid-20th century

[T]heir numbers are projected to keep sliding

[T]he crash is raising alarm (Sure has taken a long time…)

[T]here is evidence some ocean predators are starving without sardines (What man does to the Earth he does to himself)

Scarcity of prey is the leading theory behind the 1,600 malnourished sea lion pups that washed up along beaches from Santa Barbara to San Diego in early 2013, said Sharon Melin, a wildlife biologist at the National Marine Fisheries Service

http://beforeitsnews.com/health/2014/01/la-times-sounds-alarm-west-coast-update-stop-eating-pacific-ocean-seafood-now-major-fukushima-radiation-warning-2517922.html?utm_source=http%3A%2F%2Fus-mg205.mail.yahoo.com%2Fneo%2Flaunch%3F.partner%3Dsbc%26.rand%3Dafp80b4eup6bo&utm_content=beforeit39snews-verticalresponse&utm_medium=verticalresponse&utm_term=http%3A%2F%2Fb4in.info%2FpS18&utm_campaign=
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 06:19:40 pm by mystery-ak »

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Utter Bull$hit again
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 06:11:05 pm »
As above...

These outrageous headlines are from one of the most unreliable "sources" this side of DEBKA, and I really wish you would stop posting this crap.

Utter waste of time and someone else's bandwidth.

Offline NavyCanDo

The same environmentalist group tried to halt west coast sardine fishing last Fall but for totally different reasons. Then their reason was “over fishing” of sardines, which they said would eventually have devastating effects up  the entire food chain. There was no mention if radiation. Well that ploy did not work, so now with no proof backing up their claim, they are saying radiation is killing the sardines and that will have devastating effects up  the entire food chain.   Same old song, but with a different spin .

Here is that Nov 2013 story. Almost the same wording if you substitute “over fishing” with the word radiation.   

http://www.katu.com/news/outdoors/Groups-want-to-halt-West-Coast-sardine-fishing-229796471.html

Like you said, the story is pure carp, ahhh I mean crap
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 07:18:51 pm by NavyCanDo »
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

rangerrebew

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 07:25:33 pm »
As above...

These outrageous headlines are from one of the most unreliable "sources" this side of DEBKA, and I really wish you would stop posting this crap.

Utter waste of time and someone else's bandwidth.

I'm sorry I am neither as educated, knowledgeable, or worldly as you but I am not familiar with every group in the world.  Maybe some day I can have the same store of knowledge you possess.  Come to think of it, that comment sounds like something that may have come from MSNBC.  I, personally must really be bad.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 09:42:49 am »
I'm sorry I am neither as educated, knowledgeable, or worldly as you but I am not familiar with every group in the world.  Maybe some day I can have the same store of knowledge you possess.  Come to think of it, that comment sounds like something that may have come from MSNBC.  I, personally must really be bad.

Relax. Not as if you wrote it, right? You post things that catch your eye and interest, as do we all. I, for one, appreciate your huge contribution to posting here. I may not agree with all of them and will say so, somewhat bluntly at times - that is sort of to be expected with a bunch of individualists - but the act of posting is praiseworthy.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 12:05:01 pm »
Relax. Not as if you wrote it, right? You post things that catch your eye and interest, as do we all. I, for one, appreciate your huge contribution to posting here. I may not agree with all of them and will say so, somewhat bluntly at times - that is sort of to be expected with a bunch of individualists - but the act of posting is praiseworthy.

I have no problem with people disagreeing with my ideas but do draw the line at personal attacks.  Thanks for your support - and I have noticed you don't always agree with my posts though you don't attack me personally. :beer:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 12:29:28 pm »
I have no problem with people disagreeing with my ideas but do draw the line at personal attacks.  Thanks for your support - and I have noticed you don't always agree with my posts though you don't attack me personally. :beer:

:beer:

Why should I ever attack you - or anyone else?  :tongue2:

You trawl the sites and find interesting things to share, same as all of us. Some, sure, we disagree on, but so what? Bound to happen - different lives, different experiences, different training, different approaches. Part of what makes this place vibrant and fun!

Now - back on topic  :laugh:

I strongly doubt radiation from Fukushima has much to do with the sardine crash, though I am thoroughly skeptical about the accuracy of the leaks reported. Not only is there a financial incentive to under-report, but the Japanese as a whole are understandably a bit tetched on the who radiation thing. The son of a friend of mine was doing his tour when the earthquake/tsunami hit and his ship did SAR and body recovery (horrid job, she said he was crying most nights and he's a tough lad normally). They recorded radiation levels about the same as you get in a granite lined basement.

The sardine crash is more likely to be the regular boom and bust cycle that most rapidly breeding fish (like herring and mackerel in the Atlantic) seem to follow. Populations build up faster than the predators can handle, eat everything then starve. The predators are a generation or so behind the cycle,and suffer during the crash - without considering the effects of human fishing.

:beer:

rangerrebew

I'm surrounded by the great lakes.  On the fishing licenses issued in Michigan, there is a warning about not eating fish caught in the lakes more than once a week due to high levels of mercury.  It is the cumulative effect I worry about; I don't want to glow at night. :silly:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
What is the absolute worst that could happen? Well you could become Aquaman. That would be a terrible waste!  :silly: :silly:

Lake and sea fish always contain heavy metals. Your body can cope with them - you'll dump methyl mercury in 30 to 40 days, assuming you don't suffer from an (admittedly rare) mutation that makes it take longer to excrete the mercury. The only time it is really dangerous is to a fetus, though even then the mother's body tends to deal with most of it.