Author Topic: Romney accepts MSNBC apology  (Read 614 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Romney accepts MSNBC apology
« on: January 05, 2014, 02:37:08 pm »
http://www.politico.com/blogs/politico-live/?hp=44

Romney accepts MSNBC apology
By KATIE GLUECK |
1/5/14 9:21 AM EST

Mitt Romney said on Sunday he's forgiven MSNBC after a host and other panelists on the network made comments about his adopted black grandchild.

Speaking on "Fox News Sunday," the former Republican presidential candidate said he accepted the apology of MSNBC's Melissa Harris-Perry, who a day earlier offered an emotional on-air walk-back.

"I think people recognize, and the folks at MSNBC who have apologized recognize, people like me are fair targets: If you get in the political game, you can expect incoming," he said. "For children, that's beyond the line. I think they understand that and feel that as well. I think it's a heartfelt apology, and I think for that reason we hold no ill will whatsoever."

Last week, Harris-Perry and several panelists poked fun at the grandson, with one, actress Pia Glenn, singing, "one of these things is not like the other." The incident sparked outrage online, and Harris-Perry apologized both on Twitter and in a Saturday segment.

"We love this little guy a great deal, he was an answer to prayers, we love that he's part of our family," Romney said. He added, "That being said, I recognize people make mistakes. The folks at MSNBC made a big mistake. They apologized for it. That's all we can ask for. I'm going to move on from that. I'm sure they want to move on for that."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Romney accepts MSNBC apology
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 02:46:04 pm »
I find it interesting that MSNBS manufactured this whole thing in the first place, and then created this aura of sympathy around the poor correspondent who broke down in tears trying to apologize.  And now they have successfully dragged Romney himself into it and pretty much forced him to comment, if for no other reason than to try an put this whole kerfluffle to rest and regain hi privacy.

To me this looks like the news media creating news out of whole cloth and it probably helped MSNBS' ratings in the short term.

Offline SouthTexas

Re: Romney accepts MSNBC apology
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 03:24:37 pm »
And then there's the reality:

Caleb Howe @CalebHowe
Follow

MHP show: 'Sorry about making fun of Romney's grandkid.' Minutes later .. 'BUT republicans are super racist though.' http://therightscoop.com/melissa-harris-perry-panelist-levels-racism-charge-against-republicans-mere-minutes-after-hosts-apology/
1:11 PM - 4 Jan 2014

http://twitchy.com/2014/01/04/katrina-vanden-heuvel-there-is-racism-threaded-through-right-wing-populism/