Author Topic: President Obama, While on Hawaii Vacation, Lambastes GOP Who ‘Went Home for the Holidays’ and Abandoned Less Fortunate  (Read 742 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/01/04/president-obama-while-on-hawaii-vacation-lambastes-gop-who-went-home-for-the-holidays-and-abandoned-less-fortunate/

President Obama, While on Hawaii Vacation, Lambastes GOP Who ‘Went Home for the Holidays’ and Abandoned Less Fortunate
Jan. 4, 2014 6:02pm Dave Urbanski

While President Barack Obama continued what the New York Times called a “real and rare vacation in Hawaii,” he used his Weekly Address to accuse Republicans in Congress of going home for the holidays while less-fortunate Americans suffer. (Bold added):

Just a few days after Christmas, more than one million of our fellow Americans lost a vital economic lifeline – the temporary insurance that helps folks make ends meet while they look for a job. Republicans in Congress went home for the holidays and let that lifeline expire. And for many of their constituents who are unemployed through no fault of their own, that decision will leave them with no income at all.

We make this promise to one another because it makes a difference to a mother who needs help feeding her kids while she’s looking for work; to a father who needs help paying the rent while learning the skills to get a new and better job. And denying families that security is just plain cruel. We’re a better country than that. We don’t abandon our fellow Americans when times get tough – we keep the faith with them until they start that new job.
While the GOP was home for the holidays, how did Obama spend some of his two-week trip across the Pacific? The Times described a bit of it:

He played golf eight out of 14 days. And he and the first lady, Michelle Obama, stepped out for dinner at a few of their favorite restaurants: Alan Wong’s, Morimoto Waikiki (twice!) and Nobu Waikiki.

Island Snow, the president’s favorite spot for shave ice — the island’s syrupy, brightly colored and refreshingly sweet version of the snow cone — even had a message board in its back room reminding its employees to “wear Island Snow T-shirts all week long while the president is here!!”

Last week, Mr. Obama finally joined his daughters, who had been making solo shave ice runs for most of the trip, at the shop, emerging with a cherry and lemon-lime confection in a paper cone.

The president wished the crowd a “great 2014” and flashed the Hawaiian “shaka” greeting — an extended thumb and little finger often associated with surf culture — before wandering outside to enjoy his treat.

(H/T: The Gateway Pundit)
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline musiclady

The Punk is shameless.

Even the cultists should be embarrassed.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline happyg

The man is truly disconnected to reality. He actually believes we elected him king, and he is above all us peons. What a miserable creature Obummer is.

Oceander

The only people responsible for this stupidity are the GOP.  Haven't I been saying - ad nauseam - since the issue came up that if the GOP didn't work out an extension immediately, as in yesterday, the democrats were going to start making political hay out of this?  Didn't I?

I hate to say it - and I also love to say it - but I was 100% correct.

The GOP is, once again, demonstrating just how skillful it is at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

I hope nobody's got their hopes pinned on the GOP gaining control of the Senate, or keeping control of the House, because if this is any indication, they're going to lose BIG in November.

Offline Rapunzel

You actually criticize the GOP for the President - mr. vacation - criticizes them with a straight face for taking a vacation.............  :thud: :thud:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Oceander

You actually criticize the GOP for the President - mr. vacation - criticizes them with a straight face for taking a vacation.............  :thud: :thud:

I'm going to break my self-imposed moratorium just this once:  How blind do you have to be to see that rhetoric matters more than detailed analyses when it comes to swaying the public mind through political speeches?  Do you really want to let the millstone, the albatross, of Obamacare slip from the collective neck of the democrats while they succeed in portraying the GOP as out-of-touch plutocrats only interested in helping "the rich" and socking it to the not-rich?  Are you - and most of the people on this forum - really that stupid?

There, I've said it; you can go ahead and hit 'abuse' or give me a suspension for all I care.  Sometimes the truth hurts and shooting the messenger won't change the truth one whit.

Good night.

Offline happyg

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I'm going to break my self-imposed moratorium just this once:  How blind do you have to be to see that rhetoric matters more than detailed analyses when it comes to swaying the public mind through political speeches?  Do you really want to let the millstone, the albatross, of Obamacare slip from the collective neck of the democrats while they succeed in portraying the GOP as out-of-touch plutocrats only interested in helping "the rich" and socking it to the not-rich?  Are you - and most of the people on this forum - really that stupid?

There, I've said it; you can go ahead and hit 'abuse' or give me a suspension for all I care.  Sometimes the truth hurts and shooting the messenger won't change the truth one whit.

Good night.

Rhetoric always matters. Politics is 99% impression and 1% action.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline aligncare

39 percent impression, 60 percent screw-up, 1 percent action. (being generous on the screw-up part)

Offline mountaineer

What the heck is the big deal with sno-cones (oh, I'm sorry, "shave ice"), anyway? When did that become such a delicacy? And why don't they say "shaved ice"?
And now we return to our regularly scheduled criticism of the GOP.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org