Author Topic:  (Read 470 times)

Offline Rapunzel

« on: January 04, 2014, 08:13:57 PM »

Online musiclady

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 09:09:10 PM »
The Punk is shameless.

Even the cultists should be embarrassed.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 09:19:51 PM »
The man is truly disconnected to reality. He actually believes we elected him king, and he is above all us peons. What a miserable creature Obummer is.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 10:30:20 PM »
The only people responsible for this stupidity are the GOP.  Haven't I been saying - ad nauseam - since the issue came up that if the GOP didn't work out an extension immediately, as in yesterday, the democrats were going to start making political hay out of this?  Didn't I?

I hate to say it - and I also love to say it - but I was 100% correct.

The GOP is, once again, demonstrating just how skillful it is at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

I hope nobody's got their hopes pinned on the GOP gaining control of the Senate, or keeping control of the House, because if this is any indication, they're going to lose BIG in November.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 10:32:06 PM »
You actually criticize the GOP for the President - mr. vacation - criticizes them with a straight face for taking a vacation.............  :thud: :thud:

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 10:42:09 PM »
You actually criticize the GOP for the President - mr. vacation - criticizes them with a straight face for taking a vacation.............  :thud: :thud:

I'm going to break my self-imposed moratorium just this once:  How blind do you have to be to see that rhetoric matters more than detailed analyses when it comes to swaying the public mind through political speeches?  Do you really want to let the millstone, the albatross, of Obamacare slip from the collective neck of the democrats while they succeed in portraying the GOP as out-of-touch plutocrats only interested in helping "the rich" and socking it to the not-rich?  Are you - and most of the people on this forum - really that stupid?

There, I've said it; you can go ahead and hit 'abuse' or give me a suspension for all I care.  Sometimes the truth hurts and shooting the messenger won't change the truth one whit.

Good night.

Offline happyg

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 10:52:20 PM »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 11:39:50 PM »
I'm going to break my self-imposed moratorium just this once:  How blind do you have to be to see that rhetoric matters more than detailed analyses when it comes to swaying the public mind through political speeches?  Do you really want to let the millstone, the albatross, of Obamacare slip from the collective neck of the democrats while they succeed in portraying the GOP as out-of-touch plutocrats only interested in helping "the rich" and socking it to the not-rich?  Are you - and most of the people on this forum - really that stupid?

There, I've said it; you can go ahead and hit 'abuse' or give me a suspension for all I care.  Sometimes the truth hurts and shooting the messenger won't change the truth one whit.

Good night.

Rhetoric always matters. Politics is 99% impression and 1% action.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2014, 07:29:11 AM »
39 percent impression, 60 percent screw-up, 1 percent action. (being generous on the screw-up part)

Online mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2014, 08:46:08 AM »
What the heck is the big deal with sno-cones (oh, I'm sorry, "shave ice"), anyway? When did that become such a delicacy? And why don't they say "shaved ice"?
And now we return to our regularly scheduled criticism of the GOP.
“Hell hath no fury like a vested interest masquerading as a moral principle.” - Ryan T Anderson

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf