Author Topic: ‘A Bit of a Miracle’: Small Plane Loses Power After Loop Around Statue of Liberty — and Borrows Alternate Runway  (Read 667 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/01/04/a-bit-of-a-miracle-small-plane-loses-power-after-loop-around-statue-of-liberty-and-borrows-alternate-runway/

‘A Bit of a Miracle’: Small Plane Loses Power After Loop Around Statue of Liberty — and Borrows Alternate Runway
Jan. 4, 2014 6:52pm Dave Urbanski

Three people in a single-engine airplane survived an emergency landing on a New York City freeway Saturday, authorities said.

A 50-year-old man and two women, 43 and 20, were in the fixed-wing Piper PA28 Cherokee when it lost power just after 3:20 p.m., authorities and a police source told the New York Daily News.

The plane began its journey in Danbury, Conn., set for a loop around the Statue of Liberty, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said, the Daily News noted. On the way back the plane lost power; the pilot landed the plane on the Major Deegan Expressway and avoiding vehicles, authorities said.

“It’s flying low! It’s low!” Jarel Paul, 25, recalled his friend saying as they traveled the expressway, the Daily News reported. “The propeller wasn’t moving, and it went down right over us.”

“The situation was a bit of a miracle,” de Blasio said at Cornerstone Baptist Church in Brooklyn, the Daily News added. “I thought I’d seen everything in my life…it’s truly an extraordinary event.”

A police source said the emergency landing was not fuel-related, the Daily News said, adding that one female passenger suffered non-life threatening head injuries.

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

Geeze so far de Blasio has managed to insert himself into every event in NY since his swearing in...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mountaineer

Geeze so far de Blasio has managed to insert himself into every event in NY since his swearing in...
I've decided to refer to him by his real name, Warren Wilhelm.   :laugh:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org