Author Topic: Colorado Legalizes Pot Wednesday; Two-Year-Old Tests Positive For Pot Thursday  (Read 757 times)

Offline happyg

Colorado began allowing the sale of recreational marijuana on January 1 to anyone age 21 or older. One day later, a two-year-old girl tested positive for pot and ended up in the hospital.

Police in Longmont, Colorado are trying to figure out how the toddler got her hands on the pot, which here mother says happened when she “ate part of a cookie she found on the ground outside of their apartment.”

The mother said she took the cookie away from her little girl but noticed something was wrong about a half hour later.
“She was asleep, she was opening and closing her eyes and she couldn’t walk really well. She was weak. They do a blood test and that’s when they told me. That was a surprise. It’s everywhere now that it’s legal, they have it everywhere.”
Police say they believe the mother, who agreed to take a blood test.

Under Colorado’s new recreation marijuana law that went into effect New Year’s Day, residents can now buy pot like alcohol — with the cannabis purchase limited to one ounce, which could cost $200 or more.

The group Smart Colorado, which is dedicated to protecting children from marijuana, believes edible pot products don’t have enough regulations and subsequently, more of them will end up in the hands of children. Let’s hope not.

http://www.ijreview.com/2014/01/106169-colorado-legalizes-pot-wednesday-two-year-old-tests-positive-pot-thursday/

Offline flowers

:nometalk:

Offline mountaineer

When "the big one" hits and washes California into the sea, is there any chance it could take Colorado with it?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Rapunzel

When "the big one" hits and washes California into the sea, is there any chance it could take Colorado with it?

Colorado was a great state until the liberals all decided to move there to save the environment /s.  My husband was born there and his family went back to settlers in SW Colorado... The old-timers have not been pleased with the changes to their state.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

rangerrebew

Surely no one is surprised by this!  There are going to be more little ones going to the ERs, unless their parents have Obamacare in which case they won't be able to afford it.

Offline rb224315

• Custom Title goes here
  • Personal Text goes here
I'm a "live and let live" kinda guy and find it difficult to square love of freedom with some of our drug laws.  However, I think that society will come to regret that we pretended that all of the problems associated with drugs will be lessened if we decriminalize or legalize them.  Maybe some problems will go away but they'll be replaced by others.  Unfortunately, it looks like the most innocent among us will face some of those new problems.
rb224315:  just another "Creepy-ass Cracka".

Offline mountaineer

Well put, rb. I agree.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Where are the hysterical calls to ban assault brownies, high capacity bongs, and semi automatic cookies? It's for the children, dontcha know.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/#post-735947

Tina Brown agrees with Scarborough: people who smoke pot ‘dumber,’ ‘fatter’
Posted January 3, 2014 at 1:58 pm by Eddie Scarry

Former editor of The Daily Beast Tina Brown, echoing a similar sentiment voiced earlier Friday by MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough:

…legal weed contributes to us being a fatter, dumber, sleepier nation even less able to compete with the Chinese

— Tina Brown (@TinaBrownLM) January 3, 2014
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Since Colorado has the highest average altitude of the 50 states, it will take a lot to wash it into the sea.

I personally don't object to letting adults use pot, or alcohol. It is called personal freedom, which "conservatives" once purported to support.

We need harsher laws for crimes committed, on and off drugs, but not for being on the drugs. That will free up space in prisons.

The problems the day after pot was decriminalized in Colorado, were there the day before too. I think the number of people that decided to start using because of legalization is tiny, tiny. 
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

rangerrebew

Where are the hysterical calls to ban assault brownies, high capacity bongs, and semi automatic cookies? It's for the children, dontcha know.

:laughingdog: :mauslaff:

rangerrebew

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/#post-735947

…legal weed contributes to us being a fatter, dumber, sleepier nation even less able to compete with the Chinese

— Tina Brown (@TinaBrownLM) January 3, 2014

Could liberals ask for anything better?