Author Topic: Michelle Obama spending extended vacation at Oprah’s Maui home  (Read 872 times)

Offline flowers

http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/06/michelle-obama-spending-extended-vacation-at-oprahs-maui-home/

Michelle Obama is spending her extended Hawaiian vacation at Oprah’s “exquisite” Maui getaway, The Daily Caller has learned.

While White House pool reports indicate the first lady stayed behind this week in Hawaii to chill out with friends before her 50th birthday, there weren’t many specifics. But sources with direct knowledge tell TheDC that the first lady is relaxing in Maui at Oprah’s estate with CBS’ Gayle King, Valerie Jarrett and Sharon Malone, who is Attorney General Eric Holder’s wife.

Sources say she’s there for a “girl’s getaway” before the big 5-0.

“Yesterday we saw bomb sniffing dogs and Maui police in the bushes,” Heather Long, the manager of nearby Grandma’s Coffeehouse, told TheDC. “We’re very close to Oprah’s property. They’ll probably walk up and down the road.”

Oprah frequents the coffee shop, said Long. ”We try not to make it a big deal. We try to treat her like she’s another customer. I would die if I saw the first lady.”

Oprah’s home, described as “an ordinary little gray ranch” has been transformed into “the perfect” 21st century farmhouse.  The residence is located in a remote up-country region where the houses there face the ocean. The house has reportedly undergone dramatic renovations since Oprah purchased it. Horses surround the ranch.

In a story for Oprah.com, Oprah says this about her Hawaiian house. “I love, love, love my house,” she says. “It’s a gem, so sweet and exquisite. Such a real, normal house. It feels like a nice blanket. A lovely and soft cashmere one.”

Online mountaineer

Re: Michelle Obama spending extended vacation at Oprah’s Maui home
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 07:36:48 pm »
A little more info about her "ordinary" house and property:
As best as we can surmise from public property records, Miz Winfrey's ever-expanding Hawaiian hideaway currently encompasses at least 31 parcels that combined span just over 782 acres. Most of the the various parcels are contiguous although some key pieces remain missing from the middle of her property puzzle and Your Mama would fall off our inflatable donut with shock if over the next few years she didn't drop a substantial wad of dough to snatch those up too.

Although some of the property records are a mite confusing, Miz Winfrey has, buy our rudimentary and unscientific calculations, spent at least $44,000,000 and perhaps more than $60,000,000 on the various properties that altogether have at least a dozen homes and scores of outbuildings and farm-related structures. She's had at least one of the many houses on her ranch photographed for her magazine.

Property records indicate Miz Winfrey first starting buying up property on Maui in October of 2003 when she shelled out $5,300,000 to purchase a pair of adjacent parcels that combined span 23.7 acres and include a recently re-built compound with an 8,838 square foot main mansion plus at least 3 additional structures.

Over the last nearly 10 years Miz Winfrey has steadily bought up dozens of surrounding properties. Some of her most recent acquisitions came in March 2011 when she snapped up three vacant parcels that combined measure 24.5 acres and cost $3,300,000. At just about the same time she picked up a 12.57 acre spread with a 4,253 square foot house (plus equestrian facilities) for $4,400,000 and just about a month later she dropped another $4,500,000 on a 6.87 acre spread with a couple of modestly-sized residences....
More

How will Barry function without Valerie to pull his strings, I wonder?
Photos of the house in Oprah's magazine
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 07:38:31 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 07:39:54 pm »
No better way for Michelle to relate to the common people she loves so much than to spend a couple of weeks vacationing with Oprah...     **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 08:40:23 pm »
I watched one of her Sunday shows on OWN filmed from the property.  It really is a beautiful spot. 
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 08:42:55 pm »
She is there with valjar and Holders wife. This is a political think session for sure.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 08:44:49 pm »
She is there with valjar and Holders wife. This is a political think session for sure.

yep...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline musiclady

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 08:45:41 pm »

Ah, yes.  The triumvirate of political power in America today.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 08:46:25 pm »
Maybe it is more than a rumor she plans to run for the senate.

Offline Olivia

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 09:55:42 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't some government fund already set up to support Michelle's extravagant lifestyle after they leave the White House.
She's accustomed to four or five expensive vacations a year so it would be hard for her to go cold turkey without the taxpayer's dime.

I also wonder if Valerie Jarrett will get to keep her secret service detail after the Obama's leave Washington.
I feel sure they will wring every last penny they can before they're finally gone.
Truthfully, the most important thing in life is knowing what the most important things in life are, and prioritizing them accordingly.   Melchor Lim

Offline olde north church

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 10:55:16 pm »
Let them eat poi!
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 08:59:18 am »

Reads more like a Lesbian love fest to me :shrug: :silly:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 01:04:51 pm »
Reads more like a Lesbian love fest to me :shrug: :silly:
Throw in Gayle King, the Orca's "gal pal," and you may be onto something.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org