Author Topic: Justice Dept to Spend $544,000 on a...WHAT!? You Won't Believe This.  (Read 716 times)

Offline happyg

Emily Hulsey | On 04, Jan 2014

According to the government website FedBizOpps.gov, the U.S. Department of Justice’s Criminal Division is spending $544,000 on a new LinkedIn profile:
The U.S. Department of Justice’s Criminal Division is paying $544,000 for a shiny new LinkedIn profile, in the wake of a partial government shutdown that followed a top Democrat’s assurance that ‘the cupboard is bare, there’s no more cuts to make.’

The LinkedIn contract, first reported in the Washington Free Beacon, includes ‘Work With Us’ banner ads and ‘gold’-level user pages commonly purchased by private companies, all designed to drive job-seekers to Attorney General Eric Holder’s law enforcement agency.

The DOJ provided its contractor, the Reston, Virginia-based Carahsoft Technology Corporation, with a not-so-helpful table of prices for LinkedIn’s services, in which all the costs were listed as $0. The agency contracting officer responsible for the award did not respond to a request for an explanation.
While LinkedIn is free to use, it also offers paid plans that give organizations the opportunity to spice up their page and access several bells and whistles. However, it’s not incredibly extensive or complicated. To justify paying someone $544,000 for this is preposterous.

Suppose it takes Brogan & Partners, the consulting firm the DOJ has hired, 150 hours (and that’s a generous estimate) to redesign the profile, create some banner ads and write up some redirect pages. That comes out to $3,626 per hour!

Does it look like our government’s priorities are way off, or is it just me?
http://www.ijreview.com/2014/01/106256-justice-dept-spend-544000-wont-believe/

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Justice Dept to Spend $544,000 on a...WHAT!? You Won't Believe This.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 08:05:11 pm »
I don't know know why, but I never cease to be amazed at how this administration can waste taxpayer money.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 08:09:02 pm »
I don't know know why, but I never cease to be amazed at how this administration can waste taxpayer money.

Just last week, Holder asked for more money. He said there wasn't enough money to run the Justice Dept. efficiently.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 08:09:49 pm »
Just last week, Holder asked for more money. He said there wasn't enough money to run the Justice Dept. efficiently.

I'd give no money to this justice department.  They are nothing more than a crime syndicate.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776