Author Topic: Video: Melissa Harris-Perry’s tearful apology to Romney and other adoptive families  (Read 918 times)

Offline flowers

http://hotair.com/archives/2014/01/04/video-melissa-harris-perrys-tearful-apology-to-romney-and-other-adoptive-families/

Showing the photo in that context, that segment, was poor judgment. so without reservation or qualification, I apologize to the Romney family. Adults who enter into public life, implicitly consent to having less privacy, but their families, especially their children, should not be treated callously or thoughtlessly. My intention was not malicious, but I broke the ground rule that families are off-limits. For that I am sorry.

BuzzFeed’s Dorsey Shaw notes that Mitt Romney is scheduled to appear on Fox News Sunday, and suggests that he will respond to Harris-Perry at that time. I’d be surprised, though, if the normally-gracious Romney has anything more to say about it than an acceptance of this apology today. This is the kind of moment most people would do best to rise above, rather than slug it out with their families in the crossfire.

Offline happyg

She made a sincere apology or her job was on the line this time. Instead of focusing on the child as Mitt's grandchild, how about the parents? Mitt has no control over who his children adopt. Did they expect him to keep the baby out of the picture?

Only MSNBC can turn a non story into a scandal, and ignore the real stories that are scandals.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Was the tearful apology real, or merely acting?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline flowers

She can take her apology and stuff it. A change in her ways will be the real apology. Since she works for MSNBC/WhiteHouse she won't change her ways in the least.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
She knows.

She knows that GE is on the verge of folding all in, and calling for a new deck of cards and possibly a new dealer. She did make a mistake, and I personally believe her apology. But, she is also worried about her future.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline olde north church

The whole GE/NBC/Comcast thing was a gamble from the beginning and they lost --- BIG TIME!  360,000 viewers for the top show?  That's not even public access ratings.  Well, about that ball park.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Lando Lincoln

Was the tearful apology real, or merely acting?

Hard to say, I suppose.  It came off as sincere the one time I watched it but the original episode remains the problem.  Should never have happened.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 06:47:42 pm by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline flowers

Melissa Harris-Perry Panelist Levels Racism Charge Against Republicans Mere Minutes After Host’s Apology

http://therightscoop.com/melissa-harris-perry-panelist-levels-racism-charge-against-republicans-mere-minutes-after-hosts-apology/

The panelists are discussing populist sentiment in America as part of a discussion about the election of Bill de Blasio in NYC. The discussion spans a commercial break, and in the second half, Katrina Vanden Heuvel is addressing the idea that Republican populism has been successful in stirring up emotion and movement based on a message of lower taxes and limited government. Vanden Heuvel essentially says that yes, the right has been successful, but because racist.

“But I do think the right-wing populism of the tea party not only became so on obsessed with an anti-government meme, but let’s be honest. there is a race … racism threaded through the right-wing populism, I mean which is not unusual to American right-wing populism, that has not allowed for coalitions that could be built on behalf of working people in this country against the most powerful interests.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lando Lincoln

Melissa Harris-Perry Panelist Levels Racism Charge Against Republicans Mere Minutes After Host’s Apology

http://therightscoop.com/melissa-harris-perry-panelist-levels-racism-charge-against-republicans-mere-minutes-after-hosts-apology/

In that context, her apology is a total fraud.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Black people are the most racist people on the planet, if you ask me. And they are that way because they have eyes and are intelligent. Ever hear of an Asian mugging downtown or crapping in an ally?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 07:26:22 pm by 240B »

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...