Author Topic: ANOTHER Obama Success Story – Flag of Al-Qaeda Flies Over Fallujah  (Read 2713 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/01/obama-success-story-flag-of-al-qaeda-flies-over-fallujah/

ANOTHER Obama Success Story – Flag of Al-Qaeda Flies Over Fallujah
Posted by Jim Hoft on Friday, January 3, 2014, 11:17 PM

Another Obama success story…
When George Bush left office the War in Iraq was won.
Today the flag of Al-Qaeda flies over Fallujah.
It only took five years for Obama to lose all US gains in Iraq.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veVtrBWwX58

The Washington Post reported:

A rejuvenated al-Qaeda-affiliated force asserted control over the western Iraqi city of Fallujah on Friday, raising its flag over government buildings and declaring an Islamic state in one of the most crucial areas that U.S. troops fought to pacify before withdrawing from Iraq two years ago.

The capture of Fallujah came amid an explosion of violence across the western desert province of Anbar in which local tribes, Iraqi security forces and al-Qaeda-affiliated militants have been fighting one another for days in a confusingly chaotic three-way war.

Posted by Jim Hoft on Friday, January 3, 2014, 11:17 PM

Another Obama success story…
When George Bush left office the War in Iraq was won.
Today the flag of Al-Qaeda flies over Fallujah.
It only took five years for Obama to lose all US gains in Iraq.

The Washington Post reported:

A rejuvenated al-Qaeda-affiliated force asserted control over the western Iraqi city of Fallujah on Friday, raising its flag over government buildings and declaring an Islamic state in one of the most crucial areas that U.S. troops fought to pacify before withdrawing from Iraq two years ago.

The capture of Fallujah came amid an explosion of violence across the western desert province of Anbar in which local tribes, Iraqi security forces and al-Qaeda-affiliated militants have been fighting one another for days in a confusingly chaotic three-way war.

al qaeda fallujah
Al Qaeda fighters march in Fallujah, Iraq this week.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 02:09:19 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline musiclady

Re: ANOTHER Obama Success Story – Flag of Al-Qaeda Flies Over Fallujah
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 02:46:43 pm »
This makes me physically ill.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 02:50:34 pm »

Me too....
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline aligncare

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 03:20:48 pm »
A waste of American blood and treasure. That's what this is, a waste.

What's the lesson? I say it's that military intervention cannot reconcile Islam. Muslim adherents must come to modernity on their own, through an expanded world view. The satellite dish and 150 channels will more effectively change Islam from within than could any military threat from without.

How many world superpowers must learn this lesson from bitter experience? The Soviet Union, the United States, China?

As a nation we must withdraw from foreign adventures and instead rain our treasure on America and Americans.

Naïve? No. Just a rational reassessment of the historical evidence.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 03:27:00 pm »
One: What kind of support is America ever going to get from locals anywhere in Africa or the M.E.? The first thing the Taliban and Al Queda do, as in North Vietnam, is they kill anyone who had anything to do with the American forces. This kind of vacillation encourages locals to support the people we are fighting, knowing that they will eventually defeat the Americans and return.

Two: What kind of red blooded American is going to want to get involved in one of these misadventures? You do not know exactly who the enemy is, which side you are on, or why you are there. Who is benefiting from this? and how and why? I believe that we are as far afield from "protecting America's security" today, as we have ever been. In fact, we seem to be on the side of the terrorists.

If we see "a threat to America", we should deploy, destroy it, and come home. That is what it is, or should be, all about. These perpetual never ending wars accomplish nothing. This idea of nation building and trying 'make them like us' is not war. I don't know what it is?

Bottom line is as a soldier today, you never know what the true agenda is, who exactly it is that you are fighting or why. Since Bush really, and much more so under Obama, it has been murky and chaotic to be an American fighting man. And just like they used to say in the TV show 'mission impossible', "America will disavow any knowledge of your actions should you be killed or captured."
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 06:52:01 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 03:35:59 pm »

Me to! And I can only imagine what it is doing to those who were there and watched their friends bleed and die for nothing thanks to Barrack Hussein Obama!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 03:46:41 pm »
A waste of American blood and treasure. That's what this is, a waste.

What's the lesson? I say it's that military intervention cannot reconcile Islam. Muslim adherents must come to modernity on their own, through an expanded world view. The satellite dish and 150 channels will more effectively change Islam from within than could any military threat from without.

How many world superpowers must learn this lesson from bitter experience? The Soviet Union, the United States, China?

As a nation we must withdraw from foreign adventures and instead rain our treasure on America and Americans.

Naïve? No. Just a rational reassessment of the historical evidence.

I take another, and quite different, lesson from this which is that limited, not fully committed to wars with highly restrictive rules of engagement NEVER end well!

If it's worth going to war over it's worth winning as quickly and efficiently as possible while leaving no doubt as to who the boss is!!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 03:55:50 pm »
I take another, and quite different, lesson from this which is that limited, not fully committed to wars with highly restrictive rules of engagement NEVER end well!

If it's worth going to war over it's worth winning as quickly and efficiently as possible while leaving no doubt as to who the boss is!!

EXACTLY....if you go to war go to win and stop tying the military's hands!
Support the USO

Offline musiclady

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 04:07:05 pm »

AMEN!!

I'd like to add that I don't think what our troops did in Iraq was a 'waste.'  I believe the great amount of good we did in the cause of liberty has now been squandered, but for the time our troops were there, protecting, defeating evil and giving the Iraqi people a chance for freedom, and trying to build an ally in the middle of an enemy region, they were successful.

It is Barack Hussein Obama who has given over the country to al Qaeda.

Deliberately.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 04:08:22 pm by musiclady »

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 04:09:59 pm »
Me to! And I can only imagine what it is doing to those who were there and watched their friends bleed and die for nothing thanks to Barrack Hussein Obama!

This hurts.

But I don't believe their sacrifice was 'for nothing.'  The success they had has been thrown down the drain, but they DID succeed.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2014, 04:10:18 pm »
It is Barack Hussein Obama who has given over the country to al Qaeda.

Deliberately.

If I didn't say that I sure meant to!

:amen:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2014, 04:19:22 pm »

Unfortunately, our government hasn't let that happen in a very long time.  We haven't won a war since.  Now, under Obama it is worse than it has ever been.  We are spending our treasure to help Al Qaeda, I'm afraid - and I think that is exactly what Obama and his people want!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2014, 04:41:38 pm »
If I didn't say that I sure meant to!

:amen:

I knew that!  :patriot:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline happyg

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2014, 05:37:47 pm »

Same here. My first tears of the New Year.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2014, 05:51:56 pm »
Hiroshima, Nagasaki ended a war, and it has stayed ended.

The muslims effectively dared us to use nukes, but we seem unable, unwilling to do so.

Nukes are humanitarian. They save lives.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline flowers

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2014, 05:57:40 pm »
Me too  **nononono*

Offline aligncare

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2014, 06:31:03 pm »

I believe the Soviets tried that in Afghanistan. How much better did that turn out for them?

Offline evadR

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2014, 06:44:09 pm »

I believe the Soviets tried that in Afghanistan. How much better did that turn out for them?

Gotta go with Bigun on this one. I don't recall how this applies to Afghanistan or how things turned out for the Russians.
Fallujah has been a cesspool ever since the first day we entered the place. My proposal at the beginning was to divide it into sections and "pacify" the place, one section at a time until it was under control.
I was resoundingly flamed, although noone offered any workable alternatives.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2014, 10:32:49 pm »

We should have kept bombing Afghanistan into glass ... at least the locations of all the warlords.  I also think we should have taken more, not less, control in Iraq once we had AQ on the run and taken over the oil.. on that I agree with Donald Trump.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2014, 11:26:16 pm »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/01/04/mccain-graham-blame-obama-for-al-qaeda-related-takeover-fallujah-call-situation/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fpolitics+%28Internal+-+Politics+-+Text%29

McCain, Graham blame Obama for Al Qaeda-related takeover of Fallujah, call situation 'predictable'
Published January 04, 2014
FoxNews.com

Top Republican senators on Saturday blamed the Obama administration for Al Qaeda-affiliates purportedly over-running parts of Iraq, including the city of Fallujah that the United States secured before President Obama removed all U.S. forces from that country in 2011.

Sen. John McCain, Arizona, and Lindsey Graham, South Carolina, called the recent turn of events “as tragic as they were predictable” and suggested Obama misled Americans into believing that Iraqi leaders wanted U.S. forces out of their country.

“While many Iraqis are responsible for this strategic disaster, the administration cannot escape its share of the blame,” the senators said in a joint statement. “When President Obama withdrew all U.S. forces … over the objections of our military leaders and commanders on the ground, many of us predicted that the vacuum would be filled by America's enemies and would emerge as a threat to U.S. national security interests. Sadly, that reality is now clearer than ever.”

The Al Qaeda-affiliated fighters took over Fallujah on Friday after a bloody three-day battle, raising their flag over government buildings as a sign of victory, according to The Washington Post.

At least eight people were killed and dozens injured Friday night as the Iraqi army tries to regain control of the city. The army, which lobbed mortar bombs in its response, has been joined in the fray by tribesmen from Ramadi, a Sunni stronghold.

The administration on Saturday called the attacks barbaric and said it is working with the Iraqi government and the tribal leaders.

“We are … concerned by efforts of the terrorist Al Qaeda/Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant to assert its authority in Syria as well as Iraq,” said State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf. “Their barbarism against civilians of Ramadi and Fallujah and against Iraqi Security Forces is on display for all to see.”

Major Sunni tribes turned against Al Qaeda before the American withdrawal at the end of 2011. But they do not support the Shiite-led government in Iraq, creating an odd alliance in the battle against militants.

“The administration's narrative that Iraq's political leadership objected to U.S. forces remaining in Iraq after 2011 is patently false,” said McCain and Graham, military hawks with an active interest in Middle East affairs. “We know firsthand that Iraq's main political blocs were supportive and that the administration rejected sound military advice and squandered the opportunity to conclude a security agreement with Iraq."

On Friday, the Al Qaeda affiliates tried to win over the population in Fallujah with a militant commander appearing among worshippers holding Friday prayers in the main city street, proclaiming that his fighters were there to defend Sunnis from the government, a resident said.

There have been no reports on the total number of people injured or killed in the fighting that started earlier this week.

The overrunning of Fallujah and Ramadi, another Sunni stronghold, by Al Qaeda’s Iraqi branch in the Sunni heartland of western Anbar provinces is a blow to the Shiite-led government of Prime Minister al-Maliki. His government has been struggling to contain discontent among the Sunni minority over Shiite political domination that has flared into increased violence for the past year.

Anbar province, a desert area on the borders with Syria and Jordan, has almost an entirely Sunni population. The area served as the heartland of the Sunni insurgency that rose up against American troops and the Iraqi government after the 2003 U.S.-led invasion that toppled Saddam Hussein. Authorities earlier this week arrested a senior Sunni politician and dismantled a months-old sit-in in Ramadi sparking anger among Sunnis.

In an effort to ease tensions, al-Maliki pulled the military out of Anbar cities to transfer security duties to local police, a top demand of Sunnis who see the army as a tool of al-Maliki’s rule. Al Qaeda militants then erupted in Fallujah and Ramadi overrunning police station, driving out security forces and freeing prisoners.

“Thousands of brave Americans who fought, shed their blood, and lost their friends to bring peace to Fallujah and Iraq are now left to wonder whether these sacrifices were in vain,” said McCain and Graham, who argued the administration’s failure in Iraq has been compounded by its failed policy in Syria.

That country is involved in a years-long civil war in which tens of thousands have been killed or driven from their homeland, which the senators say has resulted in a regional conflict that now threatens U.S. national security interests.

The senators also called on Obama to learn from the Iraq experience and promptly decide on the troop levels needed to secure U.S. national security interests in Afghanistan and to keep out Al Qaeda and its terrorist allies.
Support the USO

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2014, 12:08:28 am »
It is futile to assume muslims are capable of anything resembling western style civilization, peaceful coexistence, etc.

Brutal dictatorship has been shown to work best, but we have insisted on toppling those dictators.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2014, 03:09:34 am »
Hiroshima, Nagasaki ended a war, and it has stayed ended.

The muslims effectively dared us to use nukes, but we seem unable, unwilling to do so.

Nukes are humanitarian. They save lives.

You've got to be kidding me.

Nukes are used when you want to kill civilians and economies.  There is nothing humanitarian about it.  Geesh!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald