Author Topic: Koffler: WORLD IN CHAOS (thanks to Obama's weakness)  (Read 411 times)

Offline mountaineer

Koffler: WORLD IN CHAOS (thanks to Obama's weakness)
« on: January 04, 2014, 07:48:51 AM »
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Online aligncare

Re: Koffler: WORLD IN CHAOS (thanks to Obama's weakness)
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 09:10:06 AM »
I support U.S. "removal from the world."  We were involuntarily "removed" from Vietnam and no dominoes fell in Southeast Asia.  So I see no evidence that American intervention has done anything to "make the world a safer place."  I'm done with foreign adventures.
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 09:19:30 AM »
I support U.S. "removal from the world."  We were involuntarily "removed" from Vietnam and no dominoes fell in Southeast Asia.  So I see no evidence that American intervention has done anything to "make the world a safer place."  I'm done with foreign adventures.

Me too.  I'm tired of sending money we don't have to countries that hate us and want to kill us.  This is national suicide!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online aligncare

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 09:39:21 AM »
Me too.  I'm tired of sending money we don't have to countries that hate us and want to kill us.  This is national suicide!

Exactly. And who's to say, in the Internet age, that indigenous populations around the world won't themselves take care of business through internal dissent and force their oppressive overlords to modernize.

Maybe we need to rethink foreign policy. In my opinion, America's using a 19th-century approach to a 21st-century world. Boots on the ground maybe less effective in changing regimes than cell phones and big-screen TVs.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 09:48:34 AM »
Exactly. And who's to say, in the Internet age, that indigenous populations around the world won't themselves take care of business through internal dissent and force their oppressive overlords to modernize.

Maybe we need to rethink foreign policy. In my opinion, America's using a 19th-century approach to a 21st-century world. Boots on the ground maybe less effective in changing regimes than cell phones and big-screen TVs.

Perhaps when the enemy was a political ideology or sustenance.  Theology is a different story.  The response shouldn't be boots on the ground, it should be bombs from the air.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2014, 11:01:11 AM »

You mean no dominoes fell other than Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Indonesia, much of the Philippines, and only staved of with great difficulty by a very strong Western educated leader in Thailand!

Just because the N.Y Times didn't tell you does not mean that it didn't happen!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2014, 01:23:21 PM »
It would be one thing if we spent the money correctly. Sending our soldiers into harm's way just to be social workers certainly is not the answer.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2014, 01:35:26 PM »
It is all about corruption, not logic. All of those billions of dollars sent overseas are kicked back to the very people, or their friends, or their family members, or their supporters, or their agents, who approve the transfer. A significant percentage of so called "foreign aid" comes back here in one form or another, just in different hands. It now no longer belongs to the government but to XYZ Inc. who happen to be major donators. Imagine that?

"Foreign Aid" is a form of money laundering on a grand scale.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.

Online aligncare

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 02:08:47 PM »
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 04:47:10 PM by aligncare »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 02:46:42 PM »

Rather than take money from our veterans Paul Ryan should have pushed to defund places like Pakistan, Egypt, etc... spend the money here first and foremost.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 06:45:38 PM »
Rather than take money from our veterans Paul Ryan should have pushed to defund places like Pakistan, Egypt, etc... spend the money here first and foremost.
How much is it costing to continue to post troops in the Balkans (from which Clinton promised we'd leave by Christmas 1996, as I recall)?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf