Author Topic: Terri Schiavo's Family Joins Fight for Teen on Life Support  (Read 5065 times)

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Terri Schiavo's Family Joins Fight for Teen on Life Support
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2014, 06:02:09 am »
I want to thank all you guys for a great sensible thread..I was worried/feared that this topic may go the same route the Terri Schiavo thread did at FR years ago...wow was that a battleground if you all recall...

We're all old enough to feel and show compassion for a sad situation, but also old enough and experienced enough to neither fear death or put "life" on a pedestal.

Then again, not many of us have walked on the shoes of doctors, surgeons and nurses who have to deliver news like these to grieving families. At least I haven't.

I often wonder how they keep their sanity. They certainly must build up some rather impenetrable walls.

I have not. Some of my relatives have - doctors, nurses, midwives, cops. The walls can get pretty thick at times. Re-reading the hospital response in that light, it's not that the staff don't care. They dare not care.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Terri Schiavo's Family Joins Fight for Teen on Life Support
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2014, 06:19:43 am »

I have not. Some of my relatives have - doctors, nurses, midwives, cops. The walls can get pretty thick at times. Re-reading the hospital response in that light, it's not that the staff don't care. They dare not care.

Exactly!
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776