Author Topic: O.J. Simpson begs Obama: Free me; I’m dying from brain cancer  (Read 903 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
O.J. Simpson begs Obama: Free me; I’m dying from brain cancer
« on: January 03, 2014, 05:16:27 pm »
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jan/3/oj-simpson-begs-obama-free-me-im-dying-brain-cance/

By Cheryl K. Chumley

-

The Washington Times

Friday, January 3, 2014

Former NFL great turned criminal, O.J. Simpson, has issued a plea for clemency to President Obama, claiming he may have brain cancer and should be allowed to leave his Nevada jail cell and go free.

The 66-year-old is currently serving a 33-year sentence for kidnapping and robbery.

But he’s being tested for a tumor on his brain to determine whether he has cancer — and he’s convinced that he’s due to die any day now, The Mirror News reported.

So he’s turned to a higher power — the White House — and begged for freedom via a letter to the president.

Simpson has been in poor health for years. He’s gained weight since his imprisonment, and also suffers from blurred vision, stuttering and failing hearing. At one point, doctors warned him to lay off the sweets, else his diabetes would cause further health problems.

Simpson, who was jailed in 2008, would be eligible for parole in 2017.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Re: O.J. Simpson begs Obama: Free me; I’m dying from brain cancer
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 08:32:52 pm »
rot in prison OJ

Offline LambChop

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 08:48:34 pm »
He only has a bit over 3 years before parole.  Should do his time like a man instead of a weasel. 
Then again, he thinks he can get away with just about anything, including murder.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 09:01:27 pm »
He only has a bit over 3 years before parole.  Should do his time like a man instead of a weasel. 
Then again, he thinks he can get away with just about anything, including murder.

Well, he did get away with murder. 
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 09:03:52 pm »

Just because he is eligible doesn't mean he will get paroled.   Remember, he was busted stealing cookies!

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2014, 09:17:19 pm »
I think he should be released, not merely because of a sense of compassion, but because it will also enable him in the time he has left to continue his search for Nicole's real killer.

Btw, isn't he in a state prison (NV)? So what has Obama got to do with his incarceration?
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 09:29:32 pm »
If OJ wants help from OPapaDoc he'll need to change his name to Mohammed Kareem Arifat and renounce his "slave name."  Maybe then he'd stand a chance.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 11:54:34 pm »
I think he should be released, not merely because of a sense of compassion, but because it will also enable him in the time he has left to continue his search for Nicole's real killer.

Btw, isn't he in a state prison (NV)? So what has Obama got to do with his incarceration?

Legally, not a thing.  The President can only pardon/commute a federal sentence.

Of course, since when does Obama care about the law?
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline olde north church

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2014, 12:15:52 am »
we're all gonna die
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2014, 12:17:22 am »
we're all gonna die

I'm not.

I plan to live forever.

So far, so good.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline olde north church

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2014, 12:29:16 am »
I'm not.

I plan to live forever.

So far, so good.

see, I was only shooting for 175, I figured that was almost doable
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline flowers

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2014, 12:37:30 am »
I'm not.

I plan to live forever.

So far, so good.
LOL