Author Topic: Two women give birth to twins born in 2013 and 2014  (Read 540 times)

Offline happyg

Two women give birth to twins born in 2013 and 2014
« on: January 03, 2014, 02:48:51 am »
Two North American women share the strange honor of giving birth to twins born in different years.

Lindsay Salgueiro of Ontario, Canada and Yaleni Santos Tohalino of Washington D.C. both went into labor late Tuesday night. Though Salgueiro wasn’t due to give birth until late January, her two little girls had other ideas on New Year’s Eve.
I’m so relieved that I got my belly out of the way and I’m back to normal now,” she said. The twins were born into a large family – with two brothers under the age of six. Salgueiro expects the holidays to be an even busier time. “Our New Years are never going to be the same again,” she said. Salgueiro said she thought both babies were going to be born New Year’s Eve. “When Gabriela had come out they were trying to get Sophia out in 2013 so they would be the same year, but the position Sophia was in wouldn’t allow her to come out,” she said.
Yaleni Santos Tohalino gave birth to baby girl Lorraine Yaleni Begazo, who weighed at 6 pounds, 4.9 ounces, at MedStar Washington Hospital Center, in Washington, D.C. Soon after, her twin brother Brandon Ferdinando Begazo was born on Jan. 1, 2014, at 12:01 a.m., weighing at 5 pounds, 10.4 ounces. “I feel wonderful full of joy and happiness and a full sense of realization,” the twins’ father, Warren Begazo, told ABCNews.com. “This is her first children ever, and they’re beautiful and she’s really happy.”
By Douglas Barclay See more at: http://rare.us/story/two-women-give-birth-to-twins-born-in-2013-and-2014/#sthash.gpBgb67e.dpuf
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 03:09:30 am by mystery-ak »

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Re: Two women give birth to twins born in 2013 and 20
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 02:59:19 am »
And no father mentioned in the story.  Just like every kid born in this town on New Years Day.  Only one father was listed for all of the kids, and he isn't married to the mother.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton