Author Topic: NFL should be alarmed that three of four playoff games, including Green Bay's home game, still not sold out  (Read 1258 times)

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
NFL should be alarmed that three of four playoff games,
including Green Bay's home game, still not sold out

The legend of the waiting list for Packers season tickets in Green Bay has grown over the years. Newborns get put on the list, with parents hoping some day their offspring hits the top of the list.

Green Bay has perhaps the best fans in the NFL ... which is why the league should be very worried that the Packers and two other teams are still struggling to sell out their playoff games.

Green Bay, as of Wednesday morning, was about 8,500 tickets short of a sellout, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's Tom Silverstein. If the Packers don't sell out by 3:40 p.m. Thursday, the game will be blacked out on local TV from Green Bay to Milwaukee. That's almost inconceivable. The Press-Gazette said the Packers have sold out every regular-season game since 1959 (a playoff game in January of 1983, at the end of the strike-shortened season, did not). And yet they are having troubles selling out a playoff game a week after Aaron Rodgers returned from injury to beat the Bears for the NFC North title.

more at:    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-alarmed-three-four-playoff-games-including-green-213137570--nfl.html

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

IT'S THE ECONOMY, STUPID!!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

When the average ticket price is $359, both playoff AND NFC Championship tickets had to be purchased at the same time, there was no refund if no NFC Championship (purchase price just rolled forward to next year), and temperature at game time is expected to be -3 degrees, I'm not at all surprised.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline mountaineer

The prices of NFL games are ridiculous. The price for an MLB baseball game is bad enough.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
When the average ticket price is $359, both playoff AND NFC Championship tickets had to be purchased at the same time, there was no refund if no NFC Championship (purchase price just rolled forward to next year), and temperature at game time is expected to be -3 degrees, I'm not at all surprised.
Indeed. They have a waiting list of tens of thousands; if, they cannot sell those tickets using that and the base of people that already have season tickets, then it is their own fault.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
I have the best seat in the house for every single playoff game...my easy chair in my living room in front of my big screen HiDef TV.  My wife and I have enjoyed DirecTV's Red Zone for the last three or four years now, and we wouldn't watch a football game any other way.

:beer:

Offline NavyCanDo

My SEAHAWKS sold out in under 30 minutes. Not surprising, because its been that way all year. Why so many Hawks fans travel for the road games I think is because it's easier and cheaper to score seats out of town, even with air and hotel.

Going to be fun watching the 40whiners freeze in GB this weekend. All of Seattle will be watching and hoping Kaepernick  has a very bad day.

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline flowers

I have the best seat in the house for every single playoff game...my easy chair in my living room in front of my big screen HiDef TV.  My wife and I have enjoyed DirecTV's Red Zone for the last three or four years now, and we wouldn't watch a football game any other way.

:beer:
  Best way to watch!

Offline flowers

The prices of NFL games are ridiculous. The price for an MLB baseball game is bad enough.
The last MLB game I went to was the Padres at Jack Murphy Stadium (Qualcom) They were playing the Pirates. It was at least 14 years ago. The guy I went with bought 2 beers and some nachos and 2 hot dogs. He gave the guy a $100 bill. All he got back was coins for his change. I remember we looked at each other and laughed. I would hate to see the prices now a days. Heck I like being at home watching. 

Offline DCPatriot

The last MLB game I went to was the Padres at Jack Murphy Stadium (Qualcom) They were playing the Pirates. It was at least 14 years ago. The guy I went with bought 2 beers and some nachos and 2 hot dogs. He gave the guy a $100 bill. All he got back was coins for his change. I remember we looked at each other and laughed. I would hate to see the prices now a days. Heck I like being at home watching. 

Had been on a self-imposed sabbatical from major league baseball, but was still an avid follower of the teams.

Honestly, there's nothing more beautiful than coming up the concrete inclined hallway and being struck by the sight of green grass, black dirt, white chalk lines, blue skies and white clouds and the American flag waving in the distance.

back to reality....it costs a bloody fortune to attend these games as you pointed out.

I went to a CAPS game a few years ago with my son.  Two beers and 2 roast beef sandwiches on the Club Level.....{{{drumroll}}}   $98.00

It's strictly economical here...and the Obama Regime and sycophantic media can't hide it.  They'll try to ignore it, but in this culture...what's going to happen here is the unconstitutionality of blacking out markets due to profit and loss of the teams' bottom lines.

It's the only way to keep the mob quiet.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

This Sunday’s NFL Game in Green Bay: Coldest Ever?

Via Climatologist Dr.  Roy Spencer:

The latest GFSx MOS temperature forecast is now -8 deg. F for game time in Green Bay on Sunday evening for the playoff game between the Packers and the 49ers. This is getting awfully close to the record coldest NFL game temperature of -13 deg. F, set Dec. 31, 1967 at Lambeau Field during “The Ice Bowl”, the NFL Championship game between the Packers and Dallas Cowboys.

The 2nd coldest game was Jan. 10, 1982 at Riverfront Stadium during the AFC Championship game between Cincinnati Bengals and San Diego Chargers, at -9 deg. F, so Sundays game might take the #2 spot. The top 10 coldest NFL games are listed here. Makes my hands hurt just thinking about it.

http://www.climatedepot.com/2014/01/03/this-sundays-nfl-game-in-green-bay-coldest-ever/

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Green Bay just announced it has sold out.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Those prices to watch thugs play?
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln