Author Topic: Rose Parade Same-Sex Marriage Condemned by LGBT Community  (Read 1264 times)

Offline happyg

Rose Parade Same-Sex Marriage Condemned by LGBT Community
« on: January 02, 2014, 03:23:45 pm »
The New Years’ Day gay wedding on a float has passed. Most likely to some, it will remain fodder for conversation for both those who oppose and those who advocate same-sex marriage.

Indeed, many opposed to gay marriage have criticized Danny Leclair and Aubrey Loots for choosing the Rose Parade spectacle as their matrimonial venue. In fact, opposition has been widespread and vocal, as witnessed by the "Boycott the 2014 Rose Parade" facebook page. It turns out that the newlyweds were getting an earful from gay marriage proponents as well.

Danny Leclair confessed to the LA Weekly that they had been scolded by gays:
We did not expect that some of our ‘supporters’ would join the chorus of dissent. We heard from gay men who felt it was too soon to flaunt our wedding in public. Some felt that it was wildly inappropriate to assert that committed same sex relationships could contribute to the reduction of HIV infections around the world. We heard from friends of the LGBT community who thought two men kissing on a cake would set back the movement by enraging the Right Wing Conservative groups. Then there were the concerned citizens who felt that any wedding, gay, or straight, should be reserved for less public affairs.
Not to be found in the main stream media press releases – or the AIDS Healthcare Foundation's statement that gay marriage is “the best protection” from AIDS – Leclair confesses to the LA Weekly, "This is not an assertion supported by empirical evidence. It is a starting point for a conversation that explores the notion that 'Love is the Best Protection.' By encouraging and celebrating loving, committed relationships we ask, 'Will that contribute to the reduction of HIV in the gay community and for that matter, in all communities?'"
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/01/01/Rose-Parade-Gay-Marriage-Condemned-by-LGBT-Activists

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Rose Parade Same-Sex Marriage Condemned by LGBT Community
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 03:29:32 pm »
It will never be enough to please these people.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 03:41:18 pm »
As soon as I saw the float, I turned off the TV.

And I'll bet I'm not the only one.

The Rose Parade was not the place to flaunt a political perspective disguised as some sort of health tip.

It was disgustingly inappropriate.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2014, 04:23:49 pm »
gay marriage is “the best protection” from AIDS – Leclair confesses to the LA Weekly, "This is not an assertion supported by empirical evidence.

It's not supported by ANY evidence and you can be in a committed, monogamous relationship without a ring. 

So the purpose of the this "display" was what?

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2014, 04:44:13 pm »

So the purpose of the this "display" was what?

Just to keep hammering young people with the message that perversion is to be 'celebrated'.

The destroyers of society have very long time frames for achieving their goals because they aren't human...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline flowers

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2014, 05:30:04 pm »
These people will never stop. They want to destroy the very fabric of this country.

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2014, 05:34:44 pm »
interesting that those who are abusing gays for their own political purposes appear to have finally hit a point of resistance from gays

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 05:44:29 pm »
The Rose Parade was not the place to flaunt a political perspective disguised as some sort of health tip.
I don't think any political propaganda would have been appropriate at such an event, even from groups with which we agree.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 06:05:21 pm »
I didn't watch the parade.  First time.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline SouthTexas

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2014, 06:24:44 pm »
I didn't watch the parade.  First time.

I don' t watch it, never have.  ^-^

Offline Slide Rule

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2014, 08:02:42 pm »
As soon as I saw the float, I turned off the TV.

And I'll bet I'm not the only one.

It was disgustingly inappropriate.

I never watch the parade.  Low entertainment for my time.

This year even lower.

White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline olde north church

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2014, 08:11:53 pm »
There are some people to whom life is an agenda.  Something to prove.  A point to make.  A teachable moment, if you will.  They are emotionally empty, forever seeking fulfillment, never to find it.  They live continually miserably.  That is where I find my joy, knowing that will eventually happen.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2014, 09:01:32 pm »

I never watch the parade.  Low entertainment for my time.

This year even lower.

I enjoy it for the beauty of the floats, and the remarkable craftsmanship that goes into forming all kinds of things with flowers and seeds.

It's aesthetically remarkable, and I appreciate it for that.

I think that's why I resent it so much that the ugly left has used it as a political/amoral tool to bludgeon me with.

And I agree with mountaineer that it shouldn't be used for politics, no matter what the position might be.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline musiclady

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 09:02:42 pm »
There are some people to whom life is an agenda.  Something to prove.  A point to make.  A teachable moment, if you will.  They are emotionally empty, forever seeking fulfillment, never to find it.  They live continually miserably.  That is where I find my joy, knowing that will eventually happen.

You are absolutely right about these people, onc.  They are miserable, and will remain so no matter how much effort they make in bullying the rest of us.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2014, 09:43:51 pm »
I don't even consider it a political position.  I consider it nothing more than a sexual preference, which makes it seem even less appropriate to display on a parade float.  Can't they just be happy with their gay pride parades?

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 10:36:43 pm »
I don't even consider it a political position.  I consider it nothing more than a sexual preference, which makes it seem even less appropriate to display on a parade float.  Can't they just be happy with their gay pride parades?

I don't think they can be happy no matter what they do.

Offline collins

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2014, 01:07:07 am »
I don' t watch it, never have.  ^-^

I think I watched it a couple of times with my parents when I was a kid, but never since. I think the "LGBT community" tried to get attention by any means they can.

This "wedding" idea was just stupid.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2014, 02:11:24 am »
I've seen the parade in person (crazy for a non-morning person) and we used to drive to Pasadena and view the floats after the parade... I resent it being turned into yet another leftist project.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline musiclady

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2014, 03:17:10 am »
I've seen the parade in person (crazy for a non-morning person) and we used to drive to Pasadena and view the floats after the parade... I resent it being turned into yet another leftist project.

I'm hoping that all of these offenses added together will upset decent people enough so that there will be more public protests about these badgering, bullying, anything-but-gay people.