Author Topic: TRICKY DICK: only Nixon less popular than President Obama in year 5  (Read 593 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: TRICKY DICK: only Nixon less popular than President Obama in year 5
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2014, 09:32:00 AM »
The big difference between Nixon, Bush and Obama is that Obama has had the press in his corner ignoring or covering up his messes for the past five years.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 09:36:08 AM »
The big difference between Nixon, Bush and Obama is that Obama has had the press in his corner ignoring or covering up his messes for the past five years.

Not only in his corner, but worshipping at his feet.

I have often wondered what his poll numbers would be if there were even a hint of journalism in the MSM.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 09:53:03 AM »
Not only in his corner, but worshipping at his feet.

I have often wondered what his poll numbers would be if there were even a hint of journalism in the MSM.

If there were even a hint of Journalism left in the MSM he would never have been elected in the first place, much less reelected.  He was allowed to run for office twice telling outright lies about Obamacare (and other things) that were obvious had the media any interest in looking in to what he was out there saying.  He was claiming that Obamacare would cut people's premiums by $2500 when he knew full well the legislation would do no such thing.

The media came close to derailing George W. Bush's campaign with an old DUI right before the election...imagine what that same group of journalists could have done to Obama with just Benghazi.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 10:16:55 AM »
If there were even a hint of Journalism left in the MSM he would never have been elected in the first place, much less reelected.  He was allowed to run for office twice telling outright lies about Obamacare (and other things) that were obvious had the media any interest in looking in to what he was out there saying.  He was claiming that Obamacare would cut people's premiums by $2500 when he knew full well the legislation would do no such thing.

The media came close to derailing George W. Bush's campaign with an old DUI right before the election...imagine what that same group of journalists could have done to Obama with just Benghazi.

You're absolutely right in that he wouldn't have been elected in the first place with an honest media.  Think about the digging that had to be done to come up with that 30 year old DUI (which, considering he's now a tee-totaller was completely irrelevant), and how even a modicum of research would have come up with dozens of more serious offenses with Obama.

I feel like we've been living in the Twilight Zone for five years............and when the American people were stupid enough to reelect him in 2008, I almost gave up on the country altogether.

A corrupt media working in lockstep with a corrupt administration is a frightening thing.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2014, 11:47:56 AM »
Were it not for the media protecting Obama at every crime, I' sure he would have been impeached by now.
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf