Author Topic: TEPCO Quietly Admits Reactor 3 Could Be Melting Down NOW (Fukushima)  (Read 5439 times)

SPQR

Re: TEPCO Quietly Admits Reactor 3 Could Be Melting Down NOW (Fukushima)
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2013, 11:40:38 pm »
It is ironic when you think about it.  The only country on earth to have been targeted and struck by nuclear weapons builds nuclear plants along the Ring of Fire and self-inflicts yet another nuclear holocaust.  I guess you could say it's cultural Hari Kari.

They do not have any natural resources.They rely on importation of oil, gas, many metals and more.

http://www.ask.com/question/a-list-of-japan-s-natural-resources
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 11:42:40 pm by SPQR »

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2013, 11:53:04 pm »
They do not have any natural resources.They rely on importation of oil, gas, many metals and more.

http://www.ask.com/question/a-list-of-japan-s-natural-resources

Very true.  I didn't mean to suggest they had no good reason to do it, just noting the irony.

As for that sodium in water thing, maybe we finally have the answer to all those mysterious booms in DC's posts.

SPQR

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2013, 11:59:32 pm »
Very true.  I didn't mean to suggest they had no good reason to do it, just noting the irony.

As for that sodium in water thing, maybe we finally have the answer to all those mysterious booms in DC's posts.

I think that they should of chosen a better design of a reactor like the CANDU reactor which has a better safety record than the current reactor design they are using.The CANDU designs have several emergency cooling systems, as well as having limited self-pumping capability through thermal means (the steam generator is well above the reactor). Even in the event of a catastrophic accident and core meltdown, it is important to remember that the fuel is not critical in light water. This means that cooling the core with water from nearby sources will not add to the reactivity of the fuel mass.

http://www.nuclearfaq.ca/cnf_sectionD.htm

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2014, 02:08:34 am »
The first line of the article says that this is complete and absolute bullsh*t.  Just look @ the URL; the name alone tells you all you need to know about the site.

The US West Coast was never in danger, but that didn't stop the fear mongering which resulted in several people ODing on potassium iodine pills.

AH!  Thanks for checking in, AC! 

I'll take your lead here on this one.  When you start to worry, so will I.   :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald